Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,569   Online: 972

View Poll Results: Next Get Together.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cape Shank/Sorrento Back Beach

7 43.75%
  • Cape Woolami, Phillip Island

4 25.00%
  • Maldon/Central Vic

3 18.75%
  • Industrial night shoot

2 12.50%
  • Other - please state

0 0%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sorry that I couldn't get there; got called to Bendigo for work. Looking forward to seeing some of the shots!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Some pics - all TXP320 with Orange filter, Wista 45DXIII, various lenses...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Cape Schank006.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	51709 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Cape Schank007.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	550.0 KB 
ID:	51710 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Cape Schank010.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	488.7 KB 
ID:	51711 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APUG Cape Schank011.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	488.6 KB 
ID:	51712

There's an awful lot of dust on the first negative - not on the second of the same shot (not as good), which is very annoying indeed!!!

Marc!!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These are wonderful, Marc! I'm so glad to see images from Sunday posted.
    I developed both rolls of film that I blew through as soon as I got home (after inflicting myself on the lovely Mick and Barbara for a couple of hours in their camper!). I was so ridiculously tired that I was nearly falling over so basically, everything went wrong in the process. First, my reels weren't quite dry from their last use. Unload...air dry reels....re-load.....bugger, jammed....unload.....re-load...done. Second roll...same story with the jamming, only I had to unload twice for a total of three loads for that roll. An HOUR later! Then I just managed to catch myself from using paper developer..... and its 1+9 dilution. Finally I get them developed and am happy to see that, yes, there are teensy tiny little images in every frame. A few hours later I notice both strips have drying marks on them AFTER cutting them into strips. Bugger! Re-wash....wait.......

So, they're done but I'm too tired to print them. I scanned them (sorry, but it had to be an activity that involved me sitting on my lazy tush!) and that digital piece of crap has blocked up shadows in almost every frame which are not at all blocked up. Even a novice such as myself can read those negatives well enough to see that there's detail in all of those areas. Arggh, frustration and lesson learned: NEVER scan negatives until I've printed a proof sheet. If I went by those scans, I'd throw both rolls of film away.... and sell my camera gear....and volunteer to be drawn and quartered and publicly flogged!

Bottom line after all of that blather, two days later I still don't know if I have anything really worth printing, but I do know I should shut up and get some sleep!

However.... I just wanted to thank all of you for coming down to my area. Believe me, I know it wasn't for my benefit, but it did make it much easier for me to come along too! It was great to see a few friendly, familiar faces and meet some new ones and it was FANTASTIC to see Mick's and Brian's amazing prints and Joachim's exquisite slides.... Thank you all for bringing some sunshine down to the rather cold and gloomy peninsula

and now I'm shutting up!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Marc, great shots! Very appropriate weather for this environment. I probably should have used an orange filter with my Velvia shots as well to get more details in the sky :-) Thanks also for the group pictures. Everyone is smiling which is the final proof that this was a great meeting. Molli, good luck with the prints. I am sure you will get some good results. You live close to some very beautiful places. We certainly enjoyed our (first) trip to the peninsula. Also discovered a nice brewery in Red Hill on the way back. Very tasty beer and good food as well. Probably won't be able to drop off my films for development before Saturday.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Marc, great shots. I wish I was still in Victoria (sometimes). I haven't been to Cape Schank since I was dating my ex wife in 1978, I think. Something else I meant to do before moving to Canberra, but didn't get around to.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wonderful photos Marc !

lol, I was going to ask if anyone took photos in a small little bay and it's the third photo Marc posted ! The waves were pounding when we were there on our last trip, totally amazing ! Love the long walk down to the water as well.

You guys are making me wish I was going with my wife on her eclipse trip in November.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    When/where's the next trip??!??!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    When/where's the next trip??!??!!

Great Otway National Park. A not-too-strenuous walk-talk-and-gawk to somewhere very scenic...
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Nice, Gary.

I was thinking about heading that way next week some time, so it's on my radar already!

Where are you thinking about?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somewhere leech-y.
    Nobody goes into that rainforest without making a contribution to the lively ecosystem.
    Maybe Yannathan Cascades. Seriously wet and leech-y.
    Or maybe just Hopetoun Falls, pottering about downstream, upstream, midstream..., or Aire River Crossing via Wait-a-While Track. Then there's also Holy Water Creek via Fractured Hip Track... Let me think...
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin