Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,782   Online: 905

View Poll Results: Next Get Together.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cape Shank/Sorrento Back Beach

7 43.75%
  • Cape Woolami, Phillip Island

4 25.00%
  • Maldon/Central Vic

3 18.75%
  • Industrial night shoot

2 12.50%
  • Other - please state

0 0%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    I think I'll wear my shorts and a t shirt.
    Well if you're that high with a fever I'll lock the door and you can sit outside and talk to me with sign language!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    'The Man From Snowy River' and tracking down the poems it was based on. (I went to kindergarten with the daughter of composer, Bruce Rowland who wrote the score for the movie.... my only brush with fame )
    My wifes uncle rode a horse in it... he's on camera several times especially in the great chase. Is that less than 6 degrees of seperation?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    [QUOTE=Molli;1351193] (I went to kindergarten with the daughter of composer, Bruce Rowland who wrote the score for the movie.... my only brush with fame )

I went to primary school with Bruce's (late) son, Adam, in Mooroolbark. I'm pretty sure that Bruce's daughter was also there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Effervescent and endearing Sigrid Thornton was our back fence neighbour when we lived in Chapman Street, North Melbourne in from 1977 to 1989. We did "babysitting" for her two dogs while she was out and about on film commitments, including her first, "All The Rivers Run" (1982, filmed over 8 months in 1981), shot in Echuca. She sold her home in 1990, and a year earlier we had moved too, to Castlemaine.

The Man from Snowy River was an absolutely beautiful film for me to see. I can recall being rapped by the wickedly energetic downhill horse chases, expecting any minute to be a fatality. It spurred me to research just who the Man from Snowy River really was, and that research took me to Corryong and the grave of Jack Riley, upon which acknowledgement is made of his history each year during the Corryong Festival.

"... and up by Kosziusko
    where the pine-clad ridges raise,
    their torn and rugged battlements on high
    Where the air is clear as crystal
    and the white stars fairly blaze
    at midnight in the cold and frosty sky.

And where around the Overflow
    the reedbeds sweep and sway
    to the breezes, and the rolling plains are wide,
    the Man from Snowy River, is a household word today
    and the stockmen tell the story of his ride."
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 06-04-2012 at 10:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Effervescent and endearing Sigrid Thornton was our back fence neighbour when we lived in Chapman Street, North Melbourne in from 1977 to 1989. We did "babysitting" for her two dogs while she was out and about on film commitments, including her first, "All The Rivers Run" (1982, filmed over 8 months in 1981),
    Gary,

"Snapshot" predates this by a couple of years.

It's important that I comment on this, as there is a great scene where a photographer is shooting Sigrid topless on what looks somewhere around Mentone.

Of course, I don't mention this due to here "toplessness"; the close-up scenes of the guy loading his Nikon film camera should be the reason people look this video up!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=LJH;1351735]
    (I went to kindergarten with the daughter of composer, Bruce Rowland who wrote the score for the movie.... my only brush with fame )

I went to primary school with Bruce's (late) son, Adam, in Mooroolbark. I'm pretty sure that Bruce's daughter was also there...
    You're not going to tell me you went to Pembroke Primary School, are you???

It's wonderful to hear of so many people remembering this film (The Man From Snowy River) and their connections with it. As a side note, I hum Clancy's theme when I'm stressed out and trying to calm myself down. No idea why, but I've been doing that for a couple of decades.

I went to Bruce Rowland's house for his daughter's 5th birthday. I've been wracking my brain for her name for a few years now since scanning all of my old photo albums. She's in my kindy group photo. At any rate, it's a standout memory from my childhood because I ate 6 of those pink clown lollipops (the ones with a white wrapper with blue and yellow polkadots on it). This was a VERY bad idea for me as I couldn't eat sugar AT ALL growing up, not even fruit. So, the end result was an incredibly large pool of bright pink vomit on the green rug in my parents' sitting room. I can still picture it perfectly.

You all REALLY needed to know that, didn't you?

Back to the topic of this thread (and in line with the nausea), I finally printed a couple of dozen images from the Cape Schanck expedition Sunday last. Does anyone who was there have any objection to me posting a few of them in this thread? I'm referring to those with 'recognisable' faces in them?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Does anyone who was there have any objection to me posting a few of them in this thread? I'm referring to those with 'recognisable' faces in them?
    Hi Molli, No problem for me and my wife. Thanks for asking. Looking forward to those prints! Joachim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm so glad you said that, Joachim, as YOU were central to quite a number of my photos. In fact, the only 8x10 print I made (the others being a mere 6x4) was of you.... although no one but your lovely wife will recognise you since you're not facing the camera. Speaking of your wife, could you please tell me the correct spelling of her name? I label all of my photos so in a year's time when my mind has completely gone, I'll still know who everyone is.

The 8x10 was the last thing I printed at around 5am today, so it's still dripping on the line. The first batch done a couple of days ago are currently being squished flat in my homemade print press. I'll try to get some scanned as soon as possible. Just please keep in mind that, me being me, these are snapshots by comparison with the art you all create.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Now I am even more curious... Her name is Zhen.
    Joachim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guessed correctly

Don't be curious... it can only lead to disappointment

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin