Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,707   Posts: 1,482,879   Online: 1029

View Poll Results: Next Get Together.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cape Shank/Sorrento Back Beach

7 43.75%
  • Cape Woolami, Phillip Island

4 25.00%
  • Maldon/Central Vic

3 18.75%
  • Industrial night shoot

2 12.50%
  • Other - please state

0 0%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How convenient. I can hop on the Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry and be there in a jiffy. But are we staying overnight somewhere, or is it just a day trip?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Just a thought - perhaps we can kill two stones with the one bird and put together a film order in the lead up? Distribute at the site?

You can get film on FleaBay from cheap-shots-au for much less than the cost of shipping it ex-USA. Especially with the dollar now falling and potentially below parity. Thanks to our friends in China...

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    You can get film on FleaBay from cheap-shots-au for much less than the cost of shipping it ex-USA. Especially with the dollar now falling and potentially below parity. Thanks to our friends in China...
    Gary,

I just did a quick comparison based on 5 pro packs of Velvia 100. Based on Cheap-shots-au's price of $39.50 and B&H's at $27, including postage, B&H was about $47 cheaper.

For 10 packs, B&H was about $115 cheaper.

That's based on UPS 4-6 day delivery.

I know that this is only one film stock, so what prices/film were you using for Cheap-Shots-au?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...what is REALLY sad, is when Vanbar, of all places, actually has film cheaper than Freestyle, even before you factor postage and exchange rates in! (I'm thinking 4x5 TMX, $90 at freestyle, compared to $78 at Vanbar for a 50sh
    Pack)

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lochlan, where are you thinking of placing an order Freestyle or B&H? Just want to know as it will effect what I buy. Also when is you must know date to low for ordering and shipping?
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 04-13-2012 at 06:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, quite interesting, first time I have seen film from Vanbar cheaper than any USA site. However, the cheapest 4x5 film is from Badger and the film is Ilford FP4+ / HP5+.

Landed price delivered to my door, as of a few minutes ago for 100 sheets of FP4+ is $147.97 AUD. HP5+ is the same.

The landed price delivered to my door as of a few minutes ago from Vanbar, for 100 sheets of TMX100 is $172.04 AUD

I’m not quite ofay with when the Kodak 15% price rise kicks in, but that may possibly be why TMX100 in the USA is, relative to Ilford films, more expensive at the moment, and more expensive than the current Vanbar price.

The cheapest way I know to purchase a first tier 4x5 film, is Ilford film in 100 sheet boxes from Badger. Been that way for a few years now.

By the way, 4 packs of 100 sheet 4x5 Ilford film from Badger, is the cheapest possible way to get 4x5 Ilford film from anywhere in the world, that I know of.

My experience with Badger and that price of postage is 1½ to 2 weeks delivery, often around 1 and a bit weeks.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Steve, quite interesting, first time I have seen film from Vanbar cheaper than any USA site.
    I know, almost makes you want to jump the escalator down to hell for a pre-season ski trip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought 1 x ProPack RVP 100F, 120, for $39.40 with $2.80 postage. It was here in two days (though he misspelt my name; no harm done, I answer to most attempts!)

I would be very surprised if UPS actually delivers in 4-6 days. It is more likely 10 to 14 days historically. The known bottleneck is Customs: that's where the hold ups come from; we are all let down by the Customs folk, or deliveries would be very quick indeed (mind you, tidbits under $50 will go express without being seen by Customs).

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi, Andy.

I was just putting out the idea of coinciding a delivery with the catch-up.

I'm only thinking about some film, so I don't mind where it's from. My initial checks came up with B&H, but I'm happy to go with the flow on this, as long as it's the cheapest route.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be very surprised if UPS actually delivers in 4-6 days. It is more likely 10 to 14 days historically.
    I've actually had pretty good luck, particularly with Freestyle. On a couple of occasions I've placed orders on a Monday and received them by Friday, and these are for group buys worth a good few hundred or more. Remember the last time I dropped film around to you Gary? You thought I had been keeping a stash in my freezer, but nope, direct from the US of A in under a working week!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin