Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,827   Online: 1073

View Poll Results: Next Get Together.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cape Shank/Sorrento Back Beach

7 43.75%
  • Cape Woolami, Phillip Island

4 25.00%
  • Maldon/Central Vic

3 18.75%
  • Industrial night shoot

2 12.50%
  • Other - please state

0 0%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the weather is sour, then I would opt for Point Leo, which is generally on the lee side of bad weather in Westernport Bay. The car park there is free at this time of the year, there are rock formations that one can walk and slip over as the tide ebbs.

Don't forget there is an entrance or car park fee at Cape Shank, so if the weather is bad, we'll be outside awaiting all and sundry in our centrally heated camper

Mick.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Nine days to go - time to bring this thread back to the top!

I am curious to see some results from the last shooting (Toorongo falls).
    Just bring them along. I will bring a couple of 6x7 slides myself. Joachim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good idea Joachim. I do need something to distract FdiSilverstro so I can make off with his prrrrretty Hassy. Savvy? Deal?

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    What are your plans for cameras this time around?

Weathered being good, I'd like to get the 7x17" out for its first rustication to the Aussie beach.

If not too good, I was thinking about bringing a the XPO, the Sinar shutter and a Verito down for some soft focus 5x4 coastal shots.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    What are your plans for cameras this time around?
    As usual, my trusted Pentax 67II and some lenses from 45-300mm. Will be shooting Velvia 50 as always.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have decided that I certainly will make the effort to go to this meet if the sun is shining and there is some semblance of a blue sky, maybe with clouds! I happen to reason there is a particular scene at Pulpit Rock that lends itself ideally to that sort of weather — and an ultrawide angle lens. Overcast, drizzle/rain, wind and general cold would see me bombing out; the cape ain't a protected place like Toorongo with tall, graceful forest (but Toorongo, too, can be a hellhole when the weather turns drack...), rather a place where freak waves appear out of nowhere and jagged rocks and sliprock surfaces await the unwary. That said, I'm definitely looking forward to it, just taking a very sensible approach and the fact that after 6 weeks I still haven't fully shaken off bronchial pneumonia, and even seem to have passed it on: haven't heard from the Professor recently after he took quite sick with what could have been my lurgy. I'll chase him up with cheer tomorrow.

Shooter
    Holga
    The other-half and I will be there Saturday - whatever the weather, and staying the night. It's Ebony's turn this time; a more manageable and practical outfit. The Ritter front standard assembly is making a return trip to Vermont for some re-work. My only 3 Tooronga shots were crap!

Onward & upward.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can somebody advise me please how much the parking fee is at Cape Schanck so I can bring an appropriate number of ducats?

Shooter
    Holga
    Bob reckons parking fees were abolished in 2010
    http://bushwalkjournal.blogspot.com....anck-hike.html
    ...but bring your doubloons just in case!!
    Last edited by mrsmiggins; 05-19-2012 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling mistake...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shaping up as a good place to give the legs a solid work out with all those stairs to go up and down... and a bit of interesting rock-hopping...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin