Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,492   Online: 1008

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm definitely gonna have to order some of that exotic Adox B&W stuff from Freestyle ... I still think that cheap_shots_AU is the cheapest Australian seller for the pro films (Ilford/Kodak/Fuji). While B&H is cheaper, once you factor in shipping the eBayer is still cheaper ... and much quicker shipping.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Me too find this very positive. In the past i stopped ordering, because of the expensive shipment.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I just got my first delivery from Freestyle, shipped to Australia using their new FIMS (FedEx Intl Mail Service) shipping option. I ordered on 27 March and received my films on 27 April. I paid USD 12 on a film order of USD 99. I am very happy with this new shipping option. By the way, the films were perfectly packed. Thanks Freestyle.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim_I View Post
    I just got my first delivery from Freestyle, shipped to Australia using their new FIMS (FedEx Intl Mail Service) shipping option. I ordered on 27 March and received my films on 27 April. I paid USD 12 on a film order of USD 99. I am very happy with this new shipping option. By the way, the films were perfectly packed. Thanks Freestyle.
    Good news, especially with the Ilford ULF run coming up!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim_I View Post
    Great news ! I think the shipping time was longer than normal given there were 3 public holidays in the last 2 weeks. Although given that FedEx ships it from the US to OZ and then Auspost takes it from there I'm surprised it wasn't quicker.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Great news ! I think the shipping time was longer than normal given there were 3 public holidays in the last 2 weeks. Although given that FedEx ships it from the US to OZ and then Auspost takes it from there I'm surprised it wasn't quicker.
    I'm a regular buyer from Book Depository (Royal Mail UK) and Arkiv Music (USPS) and there seems to be not much rhyme or reason in shipping times from these two. Sometimes it can be a week, sometimes an item ordered from the same source at the same time is delayed by another 2 weeks. Hard to know whether it's Australia Post or the others. It's in the stars.

I did embarrass my little local PO by asking them to look in the back room after one particularly long wait and found that they had forgotten to put a card in my PO Box.

Freestyle's previous service was very rapid, but it's seldom that I found myself needing film or paper in a couple of days; I could usually wait.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Had a look on the site and was a bit confused, in checkout there was automatically $18usd shipping, and then underneath on the page an option for USPS priority mail ($45). Not sure if this is just optional, and it is possibe to checkout without ticking the box for it.
    pentax 6x7,canon eos 300, crown graphic 4x5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NDP_2010 View Post
    Had a look on the site and was a bit confused, in checkout there was automatically $18usd shipping, and then underneath on the page an option for USPS priority mail ($45). Not sure if this is just optional, and it is possibe to checkout without ticking the box for it.
    Prior to checking out, when you click "my Cart" you will then see a button "Calculate Shipping". when I do that and select postcode 2000 I get the following FIMS price of $18 (that is a coincidence it matches the US$18 you wrote of). Don't check that option for USPS priority mail as FIMS has nothing to do with USPS, it is FedEx plus Australia Post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freestyle FIMS option example.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	50337

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ah ok. Thanks for this info. Will definately sway me towards freestyle over bh.
    pentax 6x7,canon eos 300, crown graphic 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SteveR, another APUG member here in Geelong, is known to have ordered film a year or so back from Freestyle and got it within a Monday-Friday timeline, ordered Sunday I think (!) I recall this as he mentioned it, and at the time I did not believe it. Now I do, certainly!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin