Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,258   Posts: 1,660,525   Online: 844

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A what!? A 7x17cm?? That sounds odd and no doubt it would present a problem given that the Epson trays only support the 6x17 size, so you're losing the tops/bottoms? Most educational. I wonder if Boots the Pano Man knows about this obscure format...

A quote of $30 for a 7x17cm drum scans sounds strangely appealing; the end result would be a 70-80Mb for a smallish print (I know one photographer shooting 6x17 and 6x24 who ends up with a 700mb file!!); how big is the file size and intended (300dpi) print? I scan at 4800 then downsample to 300dpi for despecking (6x7, 30x25cm output).

I'd like to eyeball your 7x17cm; is it a home made Wallace and Grommet or a pro-level get-up. I don't have a pano at present; it's having surgery for focus anomaly.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    7x17 INCH, Gary….

Big sucker. At the moment, I have to do 2 scans with the 8x10 film guide and stitch them. And, Elements 6 is rat-turd for doing this.

I have had a film holder made out of ABS plastic, but I need to mill out one more section so that it (hopefully) works on the hi-res lens on the V700.

But, I'd really like to see a 2400dpi scan of the 7x17! (Over a gig file, I think).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used Image Science in North Melbourne (...or West Melbourne?) in the past, a few years ago though. I know they used Imacon's for their small-medium format stuff, don't recall what their LF setup was though.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, so! INCHES!
    That would be, then, lemme see....
    19x42cm (!)
    Losh man, that's ... BIG...

Shooter
    35mm
    it seems mark is selling his heidelberg. wish i had 7 grand stashed...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Heidelber...-/270992211361

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe he is buying a V700....

JDC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PageSet Australia still has a scanning service - They are located in Mt Waverley, Melbourne.

They have 2 drum scanners and a flatbed.
    The drum scanners are both Heidelberg, 1 Tango XL and a Primescan which can both do A2 size.
    The flat bed is a Heidelberg TAngo which can do A3 extra.

Their phone number is (03) 8542 5555 or (03) 8542 5517

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    7x17 INCH, Gary….

Big sucker. At the moment, I have to do 2 scans with the 8x10 film guide and stitch them. And, Elements 6 is rat-turd for doing this.
    There are a number of programs which handle stitching of panoramas and EVERY ONE of them would have to be better than Elements 6.

Where are you in Melbourne? If you could get a set of scans to me, I could try stitching them for you. It's a cheaper option

I'm in Keilor East - North-western suburbs.

Peter.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JDC View Post
    PageSet Australia still has a scanning service - They are located in Mt Waverley, Melbourne.

They have 2 drum scanners and a flatbed.
    The drum scanners are both Heidelberg, 1 Tango XL and a Primescan which can both do A2 size.
    The flat bed is a Heidelberg TAngo which can do A3 extra.

Their phone number is (03) 8542 5555 or (03) 8542 5517
    Thanks, JDC. Didn't know about this one!

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBikerPete View Post
    There are a number of programs which handle stitching of panoramas and EVERY ONE of them would have to be better than Elements 6.

Where are you in Melbourne? If you could get a set of scans to me, I could try stitching them for you. It's a cheaper option

I'm in Keilor East - North-western suburbs.

Peter.
    Thanks for the offer, Peter! I'm constantly staggered by the generosity of people shooting film.

Luckily, I recently upgraded to PS CS6. I wanted to get the last of the non-cloud PS as it should have most of the abilities that I'll ever need. Haven't had time to work on a stitched image yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, I'm up in the hills, but will catch up with you one day for a beer/coffee/Urbal tea! Again, thanks for the offer!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin