Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,789   Online: 714
      
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77
  1. #41
    SMBooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, North/West
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    979
    Images
    7
    Who in gods name has a tattoo of a lens grouping on their rib cage.....

    Anyway the show works, were talking about it.

  2. #42
    SteveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    520
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Anyway the show works, were talking about it.
    ...and that's what it's really about, isn't it? Like, approve, enjoy, endure it or not, they've done something right on some level, I haven't heard anyone talking about the photographic art hung in 'The Block'
    ____________________________________________

    My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

  3. #43
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,545
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Who in gods name has a tattoo of a lens grouping on their rib cage.....

    Anyway the show works, were talking about it.
    I did find the lens element tatt to be an uplifting behind the scenes peak at how one immortalises his favourite lens. Maybe I'll ger one of my TSE lens on my backside. It might just work: if some wag goes to kick my rear end, the tatt will remind him//her to do it gently lest the glass breaks...

    (sent from Samsung Galaxy 4G /Apollo Bay)
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

    A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.






  4. #44
    Ross Chambers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    703
    I believe that wedding photographers are probably (behind war zone press folk) the most courageous of the whole craft and business.

    There have been a few pieces posted here and there on the 'net about the unreal expectations of the wedding couple, the attempts by relatives to steal prints one way or the other, the lack of any consideration of the photographer and his/her assistant (one photographer, when not offered any sustenance of any kind but being expected to not leave the scene, sent out for pizza delivery)

    Not to mention gear failure, the difficulty of tactfully getting Uncle Arthur and Aunt Flo to get out of the bloody way when the bridal pair are posing for their after wedding formal portrait, hassling with the vicar about where the photographer can set up and maybe using flash...

    Once more: I'd like to see that.

  5. #45
    SteveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    520
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    I believe that wedding photographers are probably (behind war zone press folk) the most courageous of the whole craft and business.

    There have been a few pieces posted here and there on the 'net about the unreal expectations of the wedding couple, the attempts by relatives to steal prints one way or the other, the lack of any consideration of the photographer and his/her assistant (one photographer, when not offered any sustenance of any kind but being expected to not leave the scene, sent out for pizza delivery)

    Not to mention gear failure, the difficulty of tactfully getting Uncle Arthur and Aunt Flo to get out of the bloody way when the bridal pair are posing for their after wedding formal portrait, hassling with the vicar about where the photographer can set up and maybe using flash...

    Once more: I'd like to see that.
    Tell me about it! I'm on the tail end of finishing up some post work from a recent wedding, it just reminds my why I'm very selective about which jobs I take! I'm lucky that it's not my bread & butter, a couple photographers I work with semi-regularly have been career wedding/portrait photographers, does NOT sound like my cup of tea, especially not now that the market is flooded with people like Wotalegend's friend!

    ...I've just culled a whole bunch of shots because 'Aunt Flo's' enormous Sto-Fen is protruding into the wide andle field of view... I swear the cow was using my shoulder to rest her camera on sometimes... and as for my poor 2nd shooter, he brought back a decent number of pics of the back of her head, because she spent most of the ceremony muscling him out of the way!
    ____________________________________________

    My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    129
    The Photofinish link worked, thanks! Seems like a cool show. Is PF the same show as Master Snap?

  7. #47
    Ross Chambers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Blue Mountains NSW Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwriter View Post
    The Photofinish link worked, thanks! Seems like a cool show. Is PF the same show as Master Snap?
    Sorry, smart alec header from me, punning on the popular "Master Chef" endless series. I could called the thread "My Darkroom Rules" perhaps.

  8. #48
    SteveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    520
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    Sorry, smart alec header from me, punning on the popular "Master Chef" endless series. I could called the thread "My Darkroom Rules" perhaps.

    I've only seen a couple half episodes of my kitchen rules, but from what I picked up, I reckon My Darkroom Rules would actually be a fun series to watch!
    ____________________________________________

    My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

  9. #49
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,545
    Images
    15
    I think it's weddings this week is it?
    No interest. Besides which, I'll be gleefully far, faw away from a telly set (but not Facebook <*grin*>) Thurs, Fri, Saturday and part of Sunday. Cuppla little chestnuts to be pursue with all manner of cameras in the snow in NE Victoria.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

    A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.






  10. #50
    SteveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    520
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    I'll be gleefully far, faw away from a telly set (but not Facebook <*grin*>) Thurs, Fri, Saturday and part of Sunday. Cuppla little chestnuts to be pursue with all manner of cameras in the snow in NE Victoria.
    Sounds GREAT! Wish I could be there
    ____________________________________________

    My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin