Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,588   Online: 898

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Can't be any worse than the track to Kalimna Falls. I was there today. So, so, so muddy….

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Can't be any worse than the track to Kalimna Falls. I was there today. So, so, so muddy….
    Trust me, where I'm going it is relatively easy and necessarily short, but bitingly cold!

We've avoided the track to Upper and Lower Kalimna Falls like the plague since early 2010. Seriously, Parks Victoria has been r e a l l y slow repatriating that track and many complaints have been made (chiefly throughout last spring and summer) at the Lorne Visitor Centre — families travelling from Melbourne for the walk only to find it closed with no mention of it, apart from the bureaucracy's trademark apocryphal "...closed until further notice...". (ditto at this point, Mariners Falls, closed indefinitely). Still, for those who grit their girdle and giddyup (you!), it's a worthwhile destination, and the Upper falls in their sublime beauty feature on my south wall Ilfochrome gallery. For now, bigger and more grubby 'fish' to fossick for this Sunday along Smythe Creek in the misty forests around Mount Sabine. No cameras going, save for 'Olly' the XA. It's mostly a track survey/repatriation/reconstruct.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 06-26-2012 at 05:23 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    It's horrible. Massive tractor ruts, half a foot deep. Weed mat and concrete mixers. Reo rod and cement bags dumped everywhere. Half finished bridges.

The lower falls probably had too much water coming over them, and with a 7x17 kit on the back and a 4x5 on the front, there was no way I was going to the upper. God, I wish my new 6x9 was here!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The confluence of three water bodies leading to lower Kalimna Falls means they can look very full and boisterous compared to the Upper falls which are on a single waterway. The lower falls are only for the tourists and swimmers (if you dare); the upper falls are a true beauty spot and much more worthwhile even in torrential rain (as was the conditions I put up with). By the sound of track conditions they've been hampered and interrupted by the weather — it beggars belief why Parks Victoria would do that sort of work in winter, so I would imagine things will get worse there before they get better.

—Anon.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    The next person who uses the clichè, "...right of passage..." gets a smack in the gob.

This is SO hard to watch...

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    There's 26 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

What a terrible show.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You lasted 26 minutes? Aren't you the little masochist? :screwy: I made it through the first three, and only that long to ensure it was recording for Marc as promised. Those 180 seconds were enough to convince me I'd throw up if I had to go through that anxiety with the "contestants".
    All the money in the world wouldn't convince me to let an amateur "learn" to be a professional at my wedding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How far the ABC has fallen...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just seen this thread; unfortunately I missed it last night with organising Mumsy at the hospital for discharge this morning. By the sound of LJH's assessment the show is now a foregone conclusion...

—Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Poisson, I wish your Mom the best after getting out of the hospital. (I hope I interpreted what you said correctly ) I'm going to have to watch this one...even though event/wedding photography is definitely not my photographic interest. Perhaps the deal was they paid for a full fledged pro as a back up for the couples. I really want to see what they do for plastic cameras next week....I think the lomo stuff is cool.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin