Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,744   Online: 1036

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Poisson glad your Mom's doing OK.
    Back on subject...I enjoyed the plastic camera episode as I find those lomo cameras fascinating and they seem like fun. (I just gave my Friends' a lomo fisheye for her 8th b-day....plan is to show her how film is developed.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    ...a lot of the contestants claim that they have been into photography for atleast a year, some more, so shouldnt they have a better idea of what they are doing?
    It doesn't matter how long you've been 'in to' photography, there's only so much you can learn if you always keep the mode dial set to "P" for 'Practicing'

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    It doesn't matter how long you've been 'in to' photography, there's only so much you can learn if you always keep the mode dial set to "P" for 'Practicing'

Woot!? How many times must I tell you kids, P on the dial is for Professional!!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Forgot this was on so just watch it online. I actually enjoyed the latest one. Bit of a win for film, but really photography is the winner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holga/Diana and lomo cameras generally have featured in some stunning art nouveau works overseas from people brought up on the foundations of traditional photography, particularly in the UK; I'm going to hunt down those who featured in The Age a few months back. I was surprised to see a fisheye model among them this episode and imagine it would be very, very difficult in indeed for somebody of limited practical experience to put that extreme perspective to good, creative use — it's bad enough in 35mm. I would have let the contestants loose in the city where the quirky perspectives and dark, film noir affect, not unlike old Polaroids or the latter day pinhole cameras, would be right at home in alleys, cul-de-sacs, among the glass towers and the Paris end of Collins Street. I agree with SMBooth that whatever we old hands think of the show, it is a win for photography, and the last episode was a solid and commendable plug for getting out there and rediscovering the art and science of film photography.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, I have to agree with you on that one Poisson. There are people out there who think film isn't even made any longer and this showed what film can do. Interesting side note. A professional photographer I follow on the social media posted a picture of himself 13 years ago (he was 20ish at the time of the photo) and he made a comment about how film "pops" with the colors, etc. This is a gentleman who uses the latest high-end Nikon DSLRs in his professional work so he has the best digital equipment available. Thought it was an interesting comment on his part.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just caught up with the wedding ep last night over dinner... When they intro'd the first lady, I thought she had some halfway decent nature photos, couldn't believe she managed to put the flash on backwards though! I've got Nikon flashes, but don't the Canon ones also have a little bump on the foot to stop you doing that? She must have been pretty heavy handed With it

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin