Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,975   Online: 736

Thread: Film group buy?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Film group buy?

Hey chaps,

Is there any plans in the works for a film group buy from overseas? I could do with some boxes of colour film and before I placed an order, wanted to check if anyone else wanted to get involved?

Cheers,

Welly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could have a look at Freestyle and price your order with the new, cheaper FIMS shipping option. It's possible this will work out to a price that will make it practical for you to place an individual order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cheers Michael. I actually emailed Les Porter for prices 8x10 sheet film, he's actually got some great deals. Just over $100 for a box of 8x10 FP4 (cheaper than Freestyle!) and a bit more than that for 8x10 HP5+. His colour Fuji sheets are scary expensive though! But I know where I'm going for my B+W film. This FIMS shipping option works out great and will save plenty of cash. Thanks for the tip!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I plan to make a large paper order from Freestyle in a month or two and am open to combining if you're in SA and will prepay.

FIMS is a great price but it tops out at a fairly low weight limit (3-4 boxes of 4x5?) and takes about 5 weeks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I plan to make a large paper order from Freestyle in a month or two and am open to combining if you're in SA and will prepay.

FIMS is a great price but it tops out at a fairly low weight limit (3-4 boxes of 4x5?) and takes about 5 weeks.
    5 weeks! Yikes. I guess if I buy in preparation for running out of film then it's a delay I could cope with. I do have plenty of film but wouldn't mind some more boxes of colour 4x5.

I'm actually in Sydney.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe that FIMS tops out at $150 per order, above that you have to use the more expensive shipping options. I haven't bought anything using FIMS yet, but I'm sure I read that people in Australia were receiving their orders within 10 days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    7-10 days is usual for the better USPS options. My most recent order (April) was uninsured-FIMS though and it took 5 weeks; there was a couple weeks near the end where I was thinking "I shoulda paid $5 for the insurance on a $180 order" but it came through in the end.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin