Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,685   Online: 730

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I'm not familiar with Texas. I don't think we have those in Australia
    We used to have Texas in England. It was a chain of DIY stores.

Steve.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you were forced to listen to Lee Kernaghan on a road trip (as I was) you'd know that there was Texas QLD. Fortunately Jenni's son now has his own car.
    I think you'd probably be better off sending your negs to Bonds for processing. It might be a little more expensive and take a little longer, but the results are good every time. (And no, I don't work there).

Shooter
    35mm
    Most of the time I send it out to other labs anyway. I have had some good experiences at bond. I must get some test photos done, and compare the labs results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or take the stuff to PRISM in North Melbourne. They're doing my C-41 and E6.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At a desperate time of my life I worked for the late Rabbit Photo as a casual. One of their processing setups in which I spent a day or two was right in the front ground floor of (from shaky memory) Meyer? Perhaps Big W? in Warringah Mall in Sydney. It was quite odd to be feeding a neg processing machine in the middle of a department store surrounded by folk shopping for kids' toys and socks and undies.

Fortunately this particular set-up worked fairly cleanly--although the shop staff used to complain about chemical smells--unlike the Circular Quay shop where the stale discharged chemistry slowly filled a drum which had to be changed a couple of times a day. There was no experience to match being nice to a customer while seeing out of the corner of your eye a slowly advancing pool of chemistry leaking out of an overflowing drum. It made it out of the shop and onto the footpath once. The North Sydney branch was well designed: it had 2 entrances which allowed an endless stream of commuters exiting the railway station to take a shortcut and distribute lots and lots of dust and grit.

Who can blame Big W for pulling out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patpat View Post
    had some bad experiences with Roydhouse. They said the film will be ready in a hour. Come back in 3, and my film was not sleeved. I did not use them much. But if I was testing a new, film camera I inherited, I would use them.
    I've actually had a couple good experiences with them, one involved getting some film developed, the youngish guy was eager to please. Another time they had a set of 6" Ilford MG filters at what must have been the 3" price, grabbed them, thankyouverymuch! Another time, I had run out of fixer (thought I had another bottle in the stash), ran down there and they were something like $25/1L for Ilford, I said "WHAT??? I only pay $15 at the place I usually go to, I'll just wait till I can get back there" (slight embellishment, I think Vanbar was closer to $20), the guy said, "no, wait, I reckon I can do it for $15 then".

Two very cheap shopping sessions... Thanks Royds!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It so happens Big W in the city is a 5 minute walk from my work so I use them to do my c-41 and as of last week they were still happy to do it. There are an awful lot of international students living in that area, I think they keep the film side of things ticking over enough to make it viable. It is a cheap and quick service. Tomorrow I will drop another roll into them and report back.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    +1 for Prism. Always helpful and good results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys don"t know what your missing -- Texas is great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, just dropped another roll of Port Douglas holdiay snaps in to Big W at QV, they're still doing it with a smile and at $5 a pop for 36 exposures.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin