Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,845   Online: 1076
      
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    SteveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    533
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    ...and at $5 a pop for 36 exposures.
    Wow, that's pretty good, what sort of turnaround?
    ____________________________________________

    My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

  2. #22
    LJH
    LJH is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Ok, just dropped another roll of Port Douglas holdiay snaps in to Big W at QV, they're still doing it with a smile and at $5 a pop for 36 exposures.
    You shot 36 sheets on the Linhof whilst on holiday!??!?!?

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Coast Australia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    52
    i went to my usual Big W (warrawong) last week and they have removed the c41 machine when they had renovations 2 weeks ago. The lady was very apologetic, she knew a bit about film and had been a great help when the local Camera house was less than pathetic. she said head office had decided to discontinue film processing but she could send it out and for $10 and a 2 week wait i could still have it done there... lol. She did say the Dapto store had had renovations earlier on in the year before the decision to discontinue so they had a machine there, and when i went there, sure enough, $5 a roll negatives only and a couple of hours turn around depending on how busy they were. The lady there also stated once that machine broke down, they would not be repairing it.
    hope this helps everyone as im shooting as much c41 as i can before its all over.

  4. #24
    Poisson Du Jour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Vic., Australia.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,696
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Ok, just dropped another roll of Port Douglas holdiay snaps in to Big W at QV, they're still doing it with a smile and at $5 a pop for 36 exposures.

    What!? Do you mean the QV Centre in Swanston or Russell Street?? That's interesting. $5.00!? That's cheap!!
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    You shot 36 sheets on the Linhof whilst on holiday!??!?!?

    Hahaha, funny man, if only I could afford to lug the Linhof up there and back, and keep my marriage in tact, so unfortunately I had the Pentax MZ-5n with the exceptionally crappy Sigma 28-80mm lens.

    BTW LHJ, I am about to self develop C-41 4x5 film, feeling a tad nervous about the prospect. Do you know where I can get some cheap storage bottles for the chems, I have tried a couple of op shops but no cigar.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    What!? Do you mean the QV Centre in Swanston or Russell Street?? That's interesting. $5.00!? That's cheap!!
    Yep, that's the one, not that I am an expert, but they appear to do a reasonable job for 100 and 200 ASA.

  7. #27
    SteveR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    533
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Yep, that's the one, not that I am an expert, but they appear to do a reasonable job for 100 and 200 ASA.
    I'm a bit excited, I'm planning on heading up to town tomorrow afternoon. Is it an hour service, or overnight? ...or more?
    ____________________________________________

    My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

  8. #28
    eclarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Berlin, Wi
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,962
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    I'm not familiar with Texas. I don't think we have those in Australia

    HaHa..funny, everybody here in the US thinks we are the center of the universe..Texas thinks it's the center of the US...

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    I'm a bit excited, I'm planning on heading up to town tomorrow afternoon. Is it an hour service, or overnight? ...or more?
    Steve, I normally pick mine up the next day, although once they did it the same day, if you dropped it in early enough and depending on how busy they are they may be able to do quick turn around.

  10. #30
    polyglot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,342
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin D View Post
    Hahaha, funny man, if only I could afford to lug the Linhof up there and back, and keep my marriage in tact, so unfortunately I had the Pentax MZ-5n with the exceptionally crappy Sigma 28-80mm lens.

    BTW LHJ, I am about to self develop C-41 4x5 film, feeling a tad nervous about the prospect. Do you know where I can get some cheap storage bottles for the chems, I have tried a couple of op shops but no cigar.
    Be not trepid, C41 is very forgiving. I store my chemicals in PETE bottles bought from the supermarket with drinking water in them. Dev will keep for 4months at least in the fridge with NO air in the bottle; bleach+fix will last years as long as it's not a blix.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin