Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,849   Online: 956

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I spray lots into the top so that fog billows out and then get some more onto the inside neck of the bottle - it will form a little icy crust. Put the cap on and the bottle will inflate to fairly high pressure. At that point the butane has displaced (I'm guessing) maybe 3/4 of the oxygen/nitrogen mix. Place your hand on the bottle to warm it (evaporate that little crust) and the pressure will shoot up to several atmospheres (about 105psig = 8bar absolute). Now you release the pressure from the lid gently so that it comes down to just over 1 atm, and that will release 7/8 of the remaining oxygen. What remains is about 1/32 of what was in there before.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    G'Day everyone

I live quite close to a Fuji minilab in southern Sydney. They have survived, and thrived after so many minilabs have gone out of business. They supply a complete service to amateurs as well as the commercial wedding photographers. They process 35mm, 120 and print on Fuji machines as well as having a full digital kiosk for self service. Also, a lot of their work is handled through their website.

Their quality is fantastic - all printing is fully colour corrected, and customers generally always return after seeing the results of the 'cheap 9 cent prints' from the large chain stores.

I help them out with traditional black and white film processing (which is becoming more popular with some of their customers) which is then prinnted digitally.

About the C-41 (and any other chemical process) solution storage - try wine cask bladders (the foil type, not the cheaper clear plastic types) - they can be washed and filled to the spout so oxidation is no problem. I have kept black and white film and paper developers for around two years is wine casks...they're great!

Cheers
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    well dont keep us in suspense? where is this fuji wonderland?? im in southern sydney and if you didnt know there is also http://www.rgphotography.com.au/index.html
    who do 35mm 120 in b and w c41 and e6! his prices are also reasonable, so definately check em out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    my local Big W [Morwell, Vic] stopped as well.
    i dont shoot much 35mm c-41, but when i did, it was handy!
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got another film processed at Roydhouse Cameras, and it was not cut and sleeved. It was just rolled up and put in a zip-loc bag, and not cut. It also had scratches this time! I guess I have to start sending out my C41 now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to add,

the local Big W where I go (Kingston, just outside of hobart) still does C-41.

It costs about $4.95 for a roll of 36 sleeved. The film comes out decent but there is normaly a few scratches on the end and it's not super clean.

When I got a roll done on my PEN-EE half frame they told me my camera was broken because it was only giving half shots!.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin