Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,513   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome, glad I know I'm not the only one new here! I'm in Brisbane too and shoot with a Mamiya 645 Pro TL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, welcome on board you two Queenslanders, I've just returned from some of your more pleasant climate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey mate! I'm in Brisbane... Welcome aboard. Would love to shoot some landscapes out your way. Nothing in Brisbane inspires me. We'll have to catch up some time. :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all. Been a member here for quite a while, but never actually introduced mysefl before. With all these other Queenslanders making themselves known I thought I should join the fun. I live in Townsville and am an avid film shooter, doing my own b&w developing. My favourite shooters are...

Pentax Spotmatic SPII for the enjoyment old manual 35mm photography;

Canon EOS-1v for when I need fast auto-everything;

Mamiya C330f for the medium format TLR experience;

Hasselblad 500C/M for the medium format SLR experience;

Wollensak Stereo 10 - 1950s 35mm 3D camera. I absolutely LOVE this thing, and the stereo slides I create with it just blow everyone away.

The digital revolution has its downsides, but in many other respects it's a great thing for us film users. The high-end pro gear of yesterday is now so affordable. Eg. I think the rrp of an EOS-1v body was about AUS$4000 when they were Canon's front-line weapon, and I got a "brand new" unused one for $800! And it's not as if a Mamiya C330f or an EOS-1v can't take good photos anymore now that the pros have stopped using them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin