Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 807

Shooter
    Multi Format

Darkroom project in Marrickville, Sydney

Hello fellow Aussie APUGers,

Myself and 2 mates are in the process of setting up a small darkroom in a standalone building in Marrickville. The space is connected with water and power, and we will be setting it up with designated dry and wet sides. At the moment, we have a Durst L1200 4x5 enlarger on the way, and we have plans of setting up a Jobo ATL-1500 for film processing as well. Ideally we would have 5-6 members of this 'exclusive' darkroom team, so I wanted to extend an invitation to any APUGers looking to get stuck into printing. Bear in mind, none of us have extensive printing experience, so this will be a learning exercise!

We're about to sign a 12 month lease on the place, and the price is extremely good!

PM me on here or leave a comment below and I'll get back to you about pricing etc.

Cheers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome! I live in Ryde and would be keen to know how you guys go. I would be particularly interested in doing some e6/c41 film processing as lab prices in sydney are prohibitively expensive...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I live in St.Ives mate, just down the road! E-6 will be a breeze in the Jobo, and will cost a fraction of the (ridiculous) price being charged at the moment. We can only really get this project off the ground with 4 people or more, so unless we get at least 1 more person, this dream may come to an end!

Shooter
    35mm
    huh i often work in st peters, even though i have a darkroom at home i would be interested in sharing some c41 or e6 with others! not sure if that what you had in mind though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM on the way

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey jars,
    I'm in Dulwich Hill and would love access to a darkroom nearby. Like you I have very little printing experience, but I'm pretty keen to learn more.

Cheers,
    Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck. I hope it goes well. I am well set up but having built a few darkrooms over the years happy to offer advice or provide contacts for people in Sydney who might have sinks and other darkroom stuff at good prices.
    http://www.tonyeganphotography.com/index.html
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." Groucho Marx

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you need any assistance I have worked in various pro labs and have run my own for almost 8 years. if you require any assistance or advice feel free to contact me. Always happy to help the photographic community.

Steve Frizza - The Lighthouse Lab
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good man Stephen!
    Think Negative - Analogue Photographic Arts
    www.thinknegative.com.au

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin