Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,937   Online: 1014

Shooter
    35mm

Room temperature E6/C41/RA4

Just a whimsical post but since there's a crazy heatwave crossing through the land of oz I was wondering if any of you managed to pull off room temperature e6/c41/ra4 today?

With 43 degrees I struggled to process B&W at 20C today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problems pulling off room temperature. But therein lies the problem! Room temperatures in my basement are well below 20C! I ended up bringing my chemicals up from the basement overnight and letting them sit close to a radiator. Imagine that...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The last couple of printing sessions/film devs (black and white only) have involved dumping a few trays of ice in a tempering bath and/or putting the chemicals in the fridge to get the temperature down. Just as well there's no food in there!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In this sort of heat, I don't bother trying to develop at 20C, it's too hard to get the developer to sit near that temperature for long enough. Much better luck aiming for (eg) 24C and reducing the development time accordingly. Or giving up for a few days and waiting for the cool change.

But I do like your (whimsical) idea of room temperature C41

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin