Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,525   Online: 1033

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    Hadn't actually thought of that. . . . although I also have to admit, I'm certainly no DIY handyman brainchild either. Maybe I need to research that a little further as it could make for an interesting project.
    You could also do it in timber (well, the upright anyway).

And, you wouldn't need to gear the whole height. A sliding box over the upright that can be pinned in to predrilled holes would set the general height. From there, have a geared rise/fall system just on this outer box for the fine focus.

Then again, you could always fix the head to a wall and make a variable height table under it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Happy to report mission success! I picked up a Durst Laboratec 1200 with an Ilfospeed Multigrade 500 head and exposure control system from the classifieds, for not too much over my budget. I'm counting that as a seriously lucky find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great! Enjoy.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good pick up Tim, did you find it in SA?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, from a guy down at Seacombe gardens who was getting out of darkroom printing in favour of scan+inkjet printing. He got it ex Flinders uni apparently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    Hi Tim, I think your budget is quite realistic but you will need patience to wait for the right enlarger to come along, especially in a smaller city like Adelaide. I've got a spare Beseler 45 and a load of lensboards and carriers but I'm in Melbourne and I hate to think what the courier cost would be for something so big.
    Tim, I agree with Paul - you're doing everything right - keep hanging around on eBay and the like and something will come up. I think your budget is very realistic.
    I bought my De Vere 504 on eBay about 6 years ago and it was less than £200 with a Schneider Componon-S 50mm f2.8 lens. I don't know how available they are in Australia, but De Vere's are great enlargers (my opinion of course!) - built like a tank, easy to use and versatile.

HTH
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
    I don't know how available they are in Australia, but De Vere's are great enlargers (my opinion of course!) - built like a tank, easy to use and versatile.

HTH

Not uncommon, but I suspect that they were usually in pro darkrooms. Mine (for which I possibly paid too much but no regrets) had been property of the Defense Department.

Now let the battleship anchor jokes roll.

My anecdotal feeling is that many pros were clearing chemical photographic facilities on their way to digital 5 or 10 years ago and that phenomenon is now over, hence not so much gear for sale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    hence not so much gear for sale.
    yep, it's (any gear, not just enlargers) not as common as our American friends seem to have.

EDIT : although I did see this on gumtree the other day... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/granv...era/1011409284

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    If I could just find a 12x20 enlarger like Clyde Butcher uses… If you haven't seen this, it's worth a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCN_WQeEKnc

(I'll settle for an 8x10 if anyone's got one…)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    yep, it's (any gear, not just enlargers) not as common as our American friends seem to have.

EDIT : although I did see this on gumtree the other day... http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/granv...era/1011409284
    THAT looks like a stereoscopic camera to me. What do folk reckon? I'd be selling it on the US market for lots more than that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin