Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,085   Online: 934

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It was nice to catch up with everybody. I bought a Polaroid back for the Hassy, and some Fuji stuff to go with it. And yes, the coffees have definitely improved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes it was a nice Melbourne APUG get together. Picked up a Grafmatic, some 120 SFX film and a 50mm enlarging lens. Good to see everybody.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acps market.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	65529

And here's a picture of all the fun this morning...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great to catch up with everyone. I bought two cans of lemonade and a hot dog. Did not find anything that I needed this visit:-(
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Andy, great story about the train ride. My boys are very jealous. We went to Moomba later. Six bottles of Fanta, four hot dogs (one uneaten), one ride on the dodgem cars, one ride on the ferris wheel. Three trams, no waiting for any of them. A good day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Walking to the hall I found a $5.00 note, tried to find the owner, couldn't. So with entry at $2.00 and a purchase of a set of film clips for $2.00 I was looking good for a positive cash flow situation; something that has never happened before.

Well, I spied something I have never seen before, an SLR Compendium book, which is a print on demand book, very, very tempting. I resisted and walked the hall for a couple of laps, but couldn't resist.

The Silngle Lens Reflex Camera from Agfa to Zunow by Andrew Fildes.

http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813-the-slr-compendium

The copy on show was the one I purchased, even signed by the author, I've been reading it more or less since returning home, brilliant book.

I'll talk about this later, but if you are interested, go to the site and have a small read and scroll through it to get a feel. The writing so far, is informative and easy to read.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got there about 10:20am, bought two packs of glass plates (sealed) for $6 and no food. Didn't see anyone I knew.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Arrived at 9:40, spent a dollar on an old camera brochure, left at 10:15. Unfortunately, did not meet anyone but had good dumplings afterwards. As Marc said, lots of young folks around. Lots of interest in medium format cameras. Glad to see that as a roll film shooter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to say it was one of my better markets...even if I didn't get much sleep due to the heat.....

I got there at 7am (I had been talked into sharing a table with a friend - I ended up taking a table of my own due to how much stuff I had taken with me). Sold my first camera at 8am to my friend Andrew (the author of the SLR Book Mick mentioned above) - a Graflex 22 TLR (it will be part of his next book on TLR cameras).

I had consistant sales all day probably because I had taken things with me that were priced to sell - my attitude was that I had taken it with me to sell it, and I didn't want to take it home..I think everyone was happy with the prices paid - considering the speed at which wallets were pulled out of pockets :-)

Funny thing was several other sellers had the same attitude. I bought a couple of lenses to use (a 13.5cm Sonnar lens in shutter and a old TTH lens in Kodak shutter) for a very cheap price, and also a Petterson Orbital processor with motor base for processing 5X7 sheet film (something I've been after for years) - and I didn't argue about the $10 asking price. Also got 20 rolls of out of date 35mm film for $25 - and this was at 11am!

I've said I won't have a table at the next market...but then again I got a few $$ to put towards a couple of new cameras, so it might be worth it...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Score of the day for me would be the 3 Jobo ATL-1000s for $150 for the lot of them, 2 working, one spare parts (mostly complete).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin