Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,861   Online: 1185

Shooter
    35mm

Darkrooms in Australia

Hi Everyone.

I am currently traveling around Australia at the moment and was wondering if anyone can tell me places where I can print. I mostly do B&W but I also have color. Also if anyone knows of any places in SOutheast Asia can you let me know.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What does your itinerary look like? I'm in Victoria right down south. I've just rearranged my house to accommodate a new enlarger so my "darkroom" is now in the spare room rather than the laundry meaning that prints are dumped in a bucket and held there until the end of my printing session to be washed in the other room. So, that being said, I have a darkroom if you don't mind ad hoc I also have a tank and chemicals for you to dev black and white film. I just read your intro thread where you were looking for ideas for developing film on the road. Anyway, while I can't help you out with developing colour, there is a local lab for that.

Let us know where you're travelling specifically. There may be others nearer to your destinations (and most definitely better set up than I am) who can help you out, too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    BocaNY,
    Hi there! We have our darkroom in Sydney, let us know if we can be of help! Black & White only. Email me or call if you need to discuss/book in.
    Check out:

www.thinknegative.com.au

http://www.thinknegative.com.au/about_us.htm
    Think Negative - Analogue Photographic Arts
    www.thinknegative.com.au

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. Well I am currently 2hrs outside of Melbourne. I am suppose to be heading towards the Gold Coast but my visa is almost done and I have to leave. Haven't decided if I'll do a visa run or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    G'day mate, I've just caught up with your thread now, I'm just down the coast from Melbourne, in Geelong, have a shed converted to a darkroom that you're welcome to use (if you're still around here). I'm moving house in te next couple weeks to a place that will (hopefully) double the size of the darkroom, just give me a week to make sure it's light-tight and it'll be up and running again. B&W only, formats from 35mm->4x5 ...or anything you can contact print

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin