Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,694   Online: 923

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bishop-Thorpe View Post
    We're actually pretty lucky to have a lot of suppliers available here in Adelaide, we listed the ones we could think of here:
    http://www.analoguelab.com.au/analogue-in-adelaide/

I'd go to Total Photographics in Kent Town, they have just about everything. Tanks, all the chemistry, fridge full of film, the whole lot. Xtol is a tricky one, I haven't seen it on shelves for about a year now, but it's my favorite too.
    L&P have Xtol in stock; I saw it yesterday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bishop-Thorpe View Post
    We're actually pretty lucky to have a lot of suppliers available here in Adelaide, we listed the ones we could think of here:
    http://www.analoguelab.com.au/analogue-in-adelaide/

I'd go to Total Photographics in Kent Town, they have just about everything. Tanks, all the chemistry, fridge full of film, the whole lot. Xtol is a tricky one, I haven't seen it on shelves for about a year now, but it's my favorite too.
    Wow, you guys have thought of everything. Just checked out the L&P website, it's certainly not the best-written website, hardly any products and no prices (i'm a bit of a snob with online shops), looks like the kind of place I'd have to visit to appreciate, maybe on day after work or a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot
    Woah, sounds like you're yet ANOTHER Adelaidean; must be something in the water. Join us (me, hoffy, some old farts and sometimes Alex when he's not busy) for monthly pub nights! Mailing List Here.
    Yeah, i've been almost everywhere and yet somehow manage to keep landing back here. It IS the water. It's just not chewy enough overseas. I'll see about coming to one of those meetups one of these days.

Speaking of which, is anyone doing anything for World Pinhole Day? I've got some Skink kits for EF and l39, and with an adapter I can mount them on my P6/K60/K88 and Mamiya (and I've got proper sized holes for all 3 flange lengths). I'll probably be wandering around the city or elsewhere using up some of the many many rolls of expired-in-1991-Velvia-120 that seem to breed in my freezer, and/or some of the why-did-i-buy-30-rolls-of-135-Superia-800? Would be nice to shoot some 4x5s or something, maybe I'll go find an old shoebox and re-live Year 8 tech class...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    L&P have Xtol in stock; I saw it yesterday.
    Rad! I'll swing by and grab some, it's been yonks since I went to L&P, I'm sure there's some stuff out back we need.

Their website is pretty not great, but in person they are actually the best shop in Adelaide for this sort of thing, good to have a chat to as well. I think Adelaide Film and Darkroom User Group folks get a bit of discount there too, even more reason to come along and nab a beer with the gents once a month. I'll try to make it along to a meeting soon too, and organise a stickybeak at the new place for everybody when there's something exciting to actually look at.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Hawthorn Oz, then MI USA from March 14, 2015!
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well I can't get approval for the Wet Plate, but threw some money into the kitty anyway. Best of luck, I will drop by on my next work trip to Adelaide to see this new lab
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We do owe a pretty enormous THANK YOU to the APUGger who have contributed, we've met our pledge target and then a little more on top of that. Remember, anything you contribute helps, anything above our target goes into infrastructure on the lab. Maybe we can gyprock both sides of the walls instead of just the insides - maybe we can even get a little red light that turns on above the door when we have our safelights on. I just thought of that tonight but I should chat to the sparky about it on Monday.

We are making pretty good progress so far

The stud walls are all up and stage one of the electrical wiring is all in as of this morning, by Wednesday all the plumbing will be done and the elecricity finished off and we can spend a few evenings hanging gyprock on the inside, putting in vents, etc. The List of jobs left to do is a bit unpleasant to look at so I wont list them off, but by this time next week it will be a room (well, two) that is dark inside. That's a start. Still on track to open our doors in late May.
    Last edited by Alex Bishop-Thorpe; 04-13-2013 at 07:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stuff the plumbing and electrics - how's the plaque with my name on it coming along?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    woo, that reminds me, I still haven't chucked my dosh down yet (waiting until next week, new Credit Card month then i don't have to pay until may). Buut i'll still do something even though you've got the target (I could do with a place to develop 4x5s if that travelwide camera gets its funding too)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin