Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,063   Online: 838

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Thieves at L&P, Adelaide

I know there's quite a few around here from Adelaide, so i thought I'd just share this around.
    Just went down to Kent Town this morning to get some developer and have a chat. Front door was replaced with wood, as was the window next to it, and most of the shop was rearranged (and looking very empty).
    Turns out some guys came past (I'm not sure when), tried to jimmy the door, couldn't, so rammed the door and window down with the back of their (stolen) car (which was later found torched in Norwood).
    The strange part was, they left most of the place untouched. Left all the Canon and Sigma gear. Left all the used gear. Left the film fridge and developers on the wall untouched (thank god). Even left behind some very easy-to-sell CF and SD cards. All they took was a fair bit of digital Nikon gear and lenses. (and I think the 6x17 that I wanted to hire one day was either missing or damaged in the process).
    At least the guy there didn't sound too upset, at the end of the day it was all insured and noone was hurt (both afaik). But I still bought a few extra things that I probably didn't need, show my support and all that.

Anyway, beware of people offering too-good-to-be-true prices on Nikon gear. He reckoned it would probably end up in the Eastern States (they sounded a bit too well organised and professional to be as stupid as try selling it locally), but it could realistically end up anywhere in the country.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, I was aware of the incident. The stupid thing is they think they can remember serving them a few days before hand.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I hope the perpetrators are found, named and shamed. I don't even know the store involved, but i have an extreme distaste for people who do this.
    I have been a victim of such acts myself, and it is never a pleasant situation. I hope they manage to recover, stance that it was such specific equipment.

Cheers, Pedro

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow this sucks I live about a five minute walk away from there. Nice guys who run the store its a shame when things like this happen to small buisnesses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's disturbing news indeed. Though never having had business dealings with them, I understand the jolt that theft has, having experienced it myself more than 10 years ago. So long as they are insured and can review security and enhance things they'll be right.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When I spoke to them, they told me they were sufficiently covered.

Regardless, robbery like this is still very hard to take.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bugger. Hope they're found.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Bugger. Hope they're found.
    They probably will be, unfortunately rebirthed and put up for a song on FleaBay. Or did you mean the burglars?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    They probably will be, unfortunately rebirthed and put up for a song on FleaBay. Or did you mean the burglars?
    Burglars. But we can put their hides on eBay, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Burglars. But we can put their hides on eBay, right?
    Only if you tan them first
    Truzi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin