Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,244   Online: 942

Shooter
    Medium Format

Printing tuition

I'm getting back into the darkroom after an extended layoff. I've been printing to a decent standard for many years but I'd like to go from being a good printer to a great printer. I'm looking for someone in Australia, Melbourne preferably, that is a great printer that would give lessons. I'm not looking for any sort of basic course, I'm looking for someone that can take me through the process of evaluating a negative and then showing me, hands on, how that negative can be interpreted, into a great print.

Thanks for any help.

Mark
    It is said that we remember the important things, if true, why photograph? I forget, so I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.goldstreetstudios.com.au. Chris Reid from Blanco Negro does several course a year, also check out Richard Whites web page, I think he does too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you're in Sydney you are more than welcome to visit us. www.thinknegative.com.au
    Think Negative - Analogue Photographic Arts
    www.thinknegative.com.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much for the replies. Believe it or not, Gold street studios is about a 15 minute drive from my house, I never knew it existed until your post! So it sounds like Chris Reid knows his stuff?
    It is said that we remember the important things, if true, why photograph? I forget, so I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin