Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,130   Online: 746

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Okay, I found three double sided ones but, now that I've got them home, I think I've messed up! The holders themselves are 8x10, but the inner film area is smaller. Is that right? Anyway, here are pictures of them and, if they are of any use to you I'm more than happy to get them to you during the week whenever it suits you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FilmHolder1_zps96ffe015.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	71164

Name:	FilmHolder2_zps7be2f22b.jpg 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	71165

Name:	FilmHolder3_zpsf114632e.jpg 
Size:	215.9 KB 
ID:	71166

Name:	FilmHolder4_zps3982c169.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	71167

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Molli the ones in image 1 look correct, measure the internal space , that is the black area between the wooden rails . Should be 8x10 Inches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ..... I messed up The internal space is six and a half inches wide by eight and a quarter inches high. Thanks for the information, Shane. As mentioned, my ignorance in this area is boundless!

Sorry, Peter, those were the largest film holders he had. I don't suppose you'd consider making a smaller camera?!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gee, thanks Molli. You've done very well, indeed.
    Now, the mechanics of delivery. Last time our paths crossed, you were down on the Mornington peninsular.
    Has that changed?
    Please PM me a 'phone number and I'll call you.

Peter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But they're not the right ones, are they?

If you can use them, I would be very happy to deliver them to you rather than you having to trek all the way down here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Whoops! our two last posts crossed. No, I think those are so-called full-plate holders. If I'm going to fiddle about making a camera, I'll make it for the biggest film my scanner can accommodate. That's 8x10. Besides, I've already got a 5x4 and 8x6 isn't a big enough step up.
    Thank you very much for your efforts though, Molli.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're very welcome; I'm just sorry not to have found what you needed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    You can ask, but Ive never made them. I'll come and watch/help if you like because it something I would like to know. I do think I have some docs about making them I could shoot across to you.
    I received that document, Shane. Very comprehensive instructions. I'm now confident of being able to make the bellows.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Pete,

I started on an 8x10 in the last 6 months (albeit on hold as I've changed my mind to a 7x17).

Clint Eastwood said in Magnum Force, "A man's got to know his limitations". I know mine: I can't build bellows!

As such, I bought a Sinar 8x10 bellow. Sinar was critical for me, as it will allow me to use a Sinar shutter. Vitally important to me as I have a few barrel lenses.

So, to get to the crux, have you thought about buying bellows?

I have found that http://www.jbhphoto.com/vcam/vcams1.htm is a great site for getting ideas on how to do thing. Not sure if you've seen it?
    I thought about buying a bellows long enough to look up some prices. Then I stopped thinking about it . I've made a copy of those 4 VCams pages. Very interesting. The hardware scheme looks pretty much like a copy of the Deardorf cameras. I've been collecting photos of 8x10 cameras on eBay to get an idea of hardware designs.
    Shane has sent me a document which lays out the procedure for bellows manufacture very clearly. Consider it a leaf-shutters resource. I'm sure Shane would send it to anyone interested and if it's alright with Shane, I would send it.

FYI, I'm thinking perhaps I can use ball-bearing drawer slides as part of the bellows extension mechanism. There is a model which extends from 30cm to 60cm - and many bigger sizes also.
    http://www.drawerslide-int.com.au/index.html or http://drawerslidedirect.com.au
    Last edited by OldBikerPete; 07-06-2013 at 07:15 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added URL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can send to anybody, I think in come from the same site as LJH linked to anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin