Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,809   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People you see

Shooter
    8x10 Format

People you see

It's amazing who you see in the street. I was in Melbourne for one afternoon, job hunting, and as I was waiting at the lights at the corner of Lygon St and Victoria Parade I saw Mac Morel and Christine crossing the road. I yelled out to them but I was on my motorbike and I'm not sure they realised who it was. Yes, it was me Marc. I'm going to be moving back to Geelong from Canberra, sometime within the next 3 months, so I'll be able to join in on Melbourne get togethers again.
    Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You'll be most welcome back - even though you're probably too hoi-poloi for us now, after mixing with that lot in Canberra.
    Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Aha!!! I was just going to post a 'who on earth WAS that?!' post!! Thanks Mike and (retrospectively) great to see you!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to catching up again.

Mick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hey Mick,
    When you see me, I'll be on a Moto Guzzi Griso.
    Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    Hey Mick,
    When you see me, I'll be on a Moto Guzzi Griso.
    Mike
    Aha Grashopper - we have enticed you over to the dark side! (don't let a little mixed metaphore upset you.).

Peter.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Pete, it's my 2nd bike since moving to Canberra, and I've just had a recall notice on it. I was going to ride it to Geelong again on Thursday for a family funeral, but my mechanic has very strongly urged me to not do that and fly instead. I did 56000k on the Moto Guzzi 750 Breva in 2 years and I've had the new one 2 months and I've already done 8000k. I do ride every day though since I don't have a car.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, nothing like a bike with great brakes, Italians certainly know how to make stoppers. With that in mind, I am currently putting braided lines on my R1100GS, started to get a soft feeling whenever using the skids.

Checked out the brake lines and there were some serious looking wear indicators, like big cracks in the rubber.

What was the recall about, that was so serious it was too dangerous to ride?

Have you got that funny looking two into wunz-on exhaust?

Mick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Mick, one of the linkages for the rear shock. In Europe there have been (I think) 3 instances where the linkage has broken and caused the rear of the bike to collapse. It hasn't happened in the US or Oz yet, but if it happens at speed the results could be disastrous. Unfortunately I don't have an alternative mode of transport so I'm going to have toride the bike and just hope that it's all good. And yes I do have the Luigi the designer was on drugs exhaust. My mechanic is going to bring me back an Agostini slip on that he has on a bike in the States and put it on for me for $500 (instead of $1100 for a new one). That'll save about 6 kilos and make the rear look much better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike, not a good possibility.

Back 1980 I picked up the first R80 G/S in Australia, great bike except the rear wheel bolts came undone whenever I played boy racer, as I did back then. Must tell you about it one day, needless to say, it was an interesting experience every time the rear wheel almost fell off; happened about 4 times, interesting warranty claim in the end.

In the mid seventies I actually saw Agostini's "slip-on" in the pits, mamma mia, she was beautiful in a very Italian way.

Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin