Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,221   Online: 666

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	72403

Proof that nearly everyone has enough space to print 4x5 at home. I can project up to 16x20 on the baseboard - larger on the wall. Processing 8x10 in a Nova Slot processor for 4x5 and 8x10 contacts in the sink on the right - larger sheets in my jobo in the other room. Ilford Multigrade head is on it's way to finish the setup off.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That actually IS quite compact!!

Bravo! There's a surprisingly large number of 5x4" printers (and shooters) in Melbourne, it seems...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be interested to compare result/contrast with you (and Paul) when you have the Ilford 500 up and going. Mine does seem to step up as I would of thought as you work through the grade settings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello,

I looking to get a 4x5" enlarger. Keen to get some advice on both the best to get and what is available. I teach photography at a school in Melbourne, mostly digital but we have a module on wet darkroom ( both 35mm and 6x6). Students (mature age) love it. The 4x5" is mainly my project for exhibition printing.

I've done some research but realise at i'm best off asking for advise from those who are users.

Quality is essential with ease of use a close second

Thank you for any assistance.

cheers,

Brett
    MELBOURNE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hate to give the big auction site more advertising, but there's a Beseler 45MCRX on there, located in Mt.Dandenong, with no bids on it, at the moment...

As for advice on the best 4x5" enlarger - well, after going through several of them, my fave is my current one, a DURST AC1200 (variant of the L1200) by a country mile - stable, easy to use, beautifully made, etc.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Marc

I'll do some investigating.

cheers Brett

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Devere 504 is pretty special to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Shane,

Yes the Devere 504 looks a likely candidate. I looked at the Beseler 45MCRX that is on ebay at the moment ( thanks to Marc for pointing it out ). I guess I can wait for the right one to present it self

cheers,
    Brett

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Also Brett, if you're in the city this Sunday, you're most welcome to pop into this: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum214/...ormat-day.html - there'll be at least half a dozen large format photographers there that you could have a chinwag with - I'm sure everyone will have an interesting opinion on the subject

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photoresource in Fitzroy have a few 4x5 enlargers, you may want to stop by there to have a look. Not saying their cheap.
    If you want I have a part Durst Ce1000, needs a light source and side crank handle. But its free.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin