Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,399   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I can see, it's called the Dr Garry Scroop collection, and a bit of googling turns up that he's an adjunct professor of health sciences at UniSA, which certainly explains the microscope collection. I suppose from there he went to cameras via taking macro shots (hence the Leica 1f and a Rolleicopi. I'd never heard of one but it looks like a microscope-mounted Rollei TLR). And that's how any collection starts, but he obviously had the means (and the storage) to carry it through to the extreme.
    I hadn't seen that news special (I tend to watch tv not very much, only cartoons, and especially not much on the commercial stations), but I did see that there's also a facebook page dedicated to the auction, and a recent link to the news story there.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google Scholar would probably reveal a whole lot more if he is an Adjunct (or Associate) Professor. Very interesting tidbit.

There are a few pictures of goodies on the FB page... that I don't have a clue what I'm looking at! They no doubt pre-date me by a century, or more. And the bikes!? So many bikes! He sure is in-gear...sorry...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-19-2013 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Everyone

Just letting you know I attended the Auction on Sunday, the
    turnout was alot less than I was Expecting. The room was only Half full !!!
    There Was alot of online bidding which pushed up the prices on a number of lots.
    overall somer things went higher than I expected, but alot of stuff went quite low in price.

I am now the proud owner of a Like new Rollei SL 66 outfit and a Phaubel Makina Type 3 Press camera Outfit

My buy of the day was a Boxed Leica Mini Tripod for $30.00

I Didn't hang around for the Polaroid stuff as nothing really got me Excited.

Did any one else attend and spend Big ??

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Congratulations, I am a big fan of the SL66 system.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The the rollei Sl66 is a very uncomon camera, I have only in the past seen 2 other ones for sale in Adelaide
    one was traded at James Place, was very very used and had been a Studio camera. The other example was at
    the Adelaide Photo Market this too was very Rough with lots of dents....I passed on that one too.

I am now learning how much anything for the camera costs !!!! lenses are $400 upwards for a nice Example.

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking of putting a bid on some of the Rolleiflex TLRs, but then would have had to organise a courier. Do you have some numbers on how much they went for? If they went cheap, we might see some on e**y.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you go to Scammells

http://www.scammellauctions.com.au/c...76ca/archive/1

The Auction Cat is still avaliable....I wrote down all the Sale Price of most Items, if you give me a lot number I can look at my sheet.

Most of the 2.8 lens TLR's went for over $1000 the TeleRollei and the Wide Rollei went for :-$1200 and $2000

The Rollei Underwater Rolleimarin II in Housing ect went for ....$3200

Most prices were quite reasonable as as everything was about as good as they get condition wise..... But some went much higher a price than anyone expected.

My Rollei SL66 outfit is "New in Box !!!" Condition and you would be hard pressed to find another......Yes I am going to devalue it an Take Photos

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, good to know the seller got about market value for the collection.

A NIB SL66 - got to be happy with that! I've got a few Rollei 6008 cameras and lenses. As practical as they are, I still appreciate fine mechanical cameras like the SL66 and TLRs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm glad I didn't know this was on. Interesting that we've had two huge camera-collections auctioned off in Adelaide in under a month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin