Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,692   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I can see, it's called the Dr Garry Scroop collection, and a bit of googling turns up that he's an adjunct professor of health sciences at UniSA, which certainly explains the microscope collection. I suppose from there he went to cameras via taking macro shots (hence the Leica 1f and a Rolleicopi. I'd never heard of one but it looks like a microscope-mounted Rollei TLR). And that's how any collection starts, but he obviously had the means (and the storage) to carry it through to the extreme.
    I hadn't seen that news special (I tend to watch tv not very much, only cartoons, and especially not much on the commercial stations), but I did see that there's also a facebook page dedicated to the auction, and a recent link to the news story there.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Google Scholar would probably reveal a whole lot more if he is an Adjunct (or Associate) Professor. Very interesting tidbit.

There are a few pictures of goodies on the FB page... that I don't have a clue what I'm looking at! They no doubt pre-date me by a century, or more. And the bikes!? So many bikes! He sure is in-gear...sorry...
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-19-2013 at 10:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Everyone

Just letting you know I attended the Auction on Sunday, the
    turnout was alot less than I was Expecting. The room was only Half full !!!
    There Was alot of online bidding which pushed up the prices on a number of lots.
    overall somer things went higher than I expected, but alot of stuff went quite low in price.

I am now the proud owner of a Like new Rollei SL 66 outfit and a Phaubel Makina Type 3 Press camera Outfit

My buy of the day was a Boxed Leica Mini Tripod for $30.00

I Didn't hang around for the Polaroid stuff as nothing really got me Excited.

Did any one else attend and spend Big ??

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Congratulations, I am a big fan of the SL66 system.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The the rollei Sl66 is a very uncomon camera, I have only in the past seen 2 other ones for sale in Adelaide
    one was traded at James Place, was very very used and had been a Studio camera. The other example was at
    the Adelaide Photo Market this too was very Rough with lots of dents....I passed on that one too.

I am now learning how much anything for the camera costs !!!! lenses are $400 upwards for a nice Example.

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was thinking of putting a bid on some of the Rolleiflex TLRs, but then would have had to organise a courier. Do you have some numbers on how much they went for? If they went cheap, we might see some on e**y.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you go to Scammells

http://www.scammellauctions.com.au/c...76ca/archive/1

The Auction Cat is still avaliable....I wrote down all the Sale Price of most Items, if you give me a lot number I can look at my sheet.

Most of the 2.8 lens TLR's went for over $1000 the TeleRollei and the Wide Rollei went for :-$1200 and $2000

The Rollei Underwater Rolleimarin II in Housing ect went for ....$3200

Most prices were quite reasonable as as everything was about as good as they get condition wise..... But some went much higher a price than anyone expected.

My Rollei SL66 outfit is "New in Box !!!" Condition and you would be hard pressed to find another......Yes I am going to devalue it an Take Photos

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, good to know the seller got about market value for the collection.

A NIB SL66 - got to be happy with that! I've got a few Rollei 6008 cameras and lenses. As practical as they are, I still appreciate fine mechanical cameras like the SL66 and TLRs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm glad I didn't know this was on. Interesting that we've had two huge camera-collections auctioned off in Adelaide in under a month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin