Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,268   Online: 1119

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    98.63 AUD for SLEEVES?!?! That is straight up robbery.
    Nah, robbery is when Adorama wants $138 to ship me a $13 packet of 25 sleeves

But you can see, now, why we have a bit of a whinge about prices of things over here, yes?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Also I want one of these if your putting a order in.
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/122166...Film-Retriever

I'll shout you that one, Shane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michaels has archival packs of 25 120 sleeves made by Albox Australia for $26 (among other sizes they have).
    I wouldn't be too pedantic about PrintFile; I have experienced their sleeves coming apart at the welds over time — it's a name I avoid, unfortunately.
    So long as the manufacturers has passed the PAT for archival-quality sleeves you can buy whatever is available. But not Chinese-made stuff.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    I'll shout you that one, Shane
    If I can find my old HAMA film-leader retriever it's yours! Silly bloody thing. Try a piece of masking tape attached to the tip of a knife to retrieve leader. It's what I have used, albeit not often (1N leaves leader out, as all obedient cameras should!)
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So $96 for 100? Again, not going to happen. I'm not overly hung up on PrintFile, it's just that, thus far, they're the only company I've found which sell them to store three strips of four. Apparently I'm a rarity in cutting my 120 this way; it just seemed logical to me at the time If I didn't have a backlog of around forty rolls of film already cut like this which need storing properly, I'd change what I'm doing but, until they're stored 3 strips of 4 it is.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    If I can find my old HAMA film-leader retriever it's yours! Silly bloody thing. Try a piece of masking tape attached to the tip of a knife to retrieve leader. It's what I have used, albeit not often (1N leaves leader out, as all obedient cameras should!)
    The couple of times I've needed to fish out the leader, I've just used another strip of 35mm film. Feed it in and then quickly pull it back out. Works like a charm.
    However, if Shane would like a whizz bang bit of official gadgetry to make life easier for him, I'm happy to get it for him as an early Christmas present

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cut mine that way, but that way they fit into the Epson scanner holders.
    Your a darling Molli, I only want the film retriever for the darkroom course I teach, makes it easy for those who wind there film in all the way.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW guys when it comes to sleeves, I highly recommend polyester fold-flap sleeves combined with Printfile Ultima album pages. These are by far the best archival material and they seriously avoid scratches to your film because there is no sliding of film against sleeve material.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's very timely Molli! I'm just using my last sleeve... now! I could go up to 4 of these http://www.freestylephoto.biz/121410...-4-strips-of-3 if that works with your order and freight and everything?

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Marc, that's perfectly fine! Are you sure you're not needing anything else? Right now, your order comes in well under the FIMS limit and is only $51 for shipping

By the way, does anyone know what happens if you order something that's out of stock? The paper I wanted has run out and now isn't due until the end of November. If I go ahead and order it, will I just get the first part of my order straight away and they'll send along the other stuff when it comes in? Or will I wind up paying for two separate lots of shipping?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin