Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,336   Online: 834

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Melbourne, Australia Freestyle Group Order

Hi all,
    I'm putting an order in with Freestyle some time within the next week or so and was wondering if anyone needed anything? I'm happy to do the ordering and deliver to Frankston, Flinders Street Station, Melbourne or Queenscliff depending on your location.

I'd like to have my order in next Friday (13th... it's my lucky day! ) at the latest, but it's no real drama to hold out a little longer if more time is needed to organise shopping lists and money.

Cheers,
    Molli

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I'll check my stocks and let you know, Molli. Thanks for the offer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought some film from b&h, but I better check freestyle invade they have something else I want!
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not in any particular rush, guys. I've been putting off doing an order for months and mostly just need to get my 120 negatives into some Printfile sleeves and out of the plastic document sleeves they're currently residing in.

So, just let me know what you're after and we'll work out the logistics from there.

Oh, and James, I'm happy to find a halfway point to get anything you want to you. I'm thinking Berwick, perhaps, but if there's somewhere more convenient for you, just yell! I'm down on the Mornington Peninsula so I just rattled off a list of places that public transport will take me (without me getting lost amongst the highways and byways of the cities!)

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    How does the price for the 120 sleeves at Vanbar compare to importing them? I use them, and find them okay.

My Velvia stocks are okay at the moment, but I'll add some if it helps your costs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slightly of topic but Photoresource in Fitzroy North have a new a usable web site up. A real alternative to
    http://www.photoresource.com.au/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A 100 pack of sleeves for medium format is $98.63 at Vanbar. They're $22.99 at Freestyle and they're a) Printfile and b) I can get them in three strips of four. Neither of those things are the case with the Vanbar ones. I think B&H has them a little cheaper, but the shipping wound up being more and they didn't stock the paper I wanted, so Freestyle it is

As for helping me out with costs, right now I can keep my order under $150 by a whopping 45c! That means I can use FIMS which is about $40 cheaper for shipping. Keeping it under that limit, however, meant ordering less than I really want to. I'd rather try and get as much as I can afford at one time so I don't have to do this again for a while! Of course, an endless supply of affordable paper would be brilliant, but it's not going to happen.

That being said, if no one needs anything, I'll just stick to my slightly slimmed down order. I just thought they're might be others about who might want to try and get some materials with a somewhat defrayed shipping cost

Added: I just saw the V-Tec 120 Sleeves (4 strips of 3 frames) $9.90 for a 25pk. So, just under forty dollars for 100. Not bad at all... just not quite the format I'm after this time around.
    Last edited by Molli; 09-07-2013 at 05:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also I want one of these if your putting a order in.
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/122166...Film-Retriever

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    98.63 AUD for SLEEVES?!?! That is straight up robbery.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Shane, that's not off topic for me at all! Any source of darkroom goodies that I can get locally without having to sell a kidney is wonderful to know about! I actually bought some paper off them last year via their ebay store when they had a bit of a clearance. They were really lovely to deal with and very helpful in terms of posting things to me which were listed as pick up only.
    Last edited by Molli; 09-07-2013 at 04:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin