Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,748   Online: 897

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Alternative to Tetenal C-41 Kit

Hi

Is there an alternative to the Tetenal kit to develop C-41 at home?
    Something what can be bought in Australia or online with shipping to AUS?

Cheers
    Pete

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Whats your beef with the tetenal kits?

Anyhow, have a look at http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk

Matt has been known to ship C-41 kits to Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was reading a bit about the 3 vs 4 baths option, and it looks like 4 baths can give you better results.
    I haven't done C41 at home yet, just looking at options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the Rollei kit from macodirect.de. They will ship to australia. You might want to pack out your order with film as well. Since they charge by weight increments. So at the same time I got lots of film too and I didn't have to pay extra for shipping. Also with rollei, if you run out of one chemical too early, you can just buy individually the ones that you need.

EDIT: The 5 litre rollei kit is good for 100+ rolls and it comes up to 6.9kg, but you will pay shipping for 10kg. So you can another 3.1kg of film, developers etc for no extra shipping cost. I added 45 rolls of various film + 4 bulk rolls. And you don't have to pay VAT
    Last edited by Nuff; 09-18-2013 at 05:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    I got the Rollei kit from macodirect.de. They will ship to australia. You might want to pack out your order with film as well. Since they charge by weight increments. So at the same time I got lots of film too and I didn't have to pay extra for shipping. Also with rollei, if you run out of one chemical too early, you can just buy individually the ones that you need.

EDIT: The 5 litre rollei kit is good for 100+ rolls and it comes up to 6.9kg, but you will pay shipping for 10kg. So you can another 3.1kg of film, developers etc for no extra shipping cost. I added 45 rolls of various film + 4 bulk rolls. And you don't have to pay VAT
    That's great! Thanks!
    Are the shots from Katmandu on your flicker done in this Rollei C41?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanluk View Post
    That's great! Thanks!
    Are the shots from Katmandu on your flicker done in this Rollei C41?
    No they are not, they were developed by a pro lab in sydney (scanned it myself). My 1st two attempts last weekend were bit of a mixed bag. Hopefully my next run will be good. It's bit of learning experience, but that's why I used film that I don't care too much about.
    You can read more about it in this thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...onditions.html

Most of the issues were, stabiliser was hot, should have kept it at room temp. The temp in my paterson tank was 2-3 degrees lower. I should have heated the bath, chems and presoak a bit more. I will do the presoak for 5min next time, to get the tank warmer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can get process solutions from Kodak and Fuji-Hunt. However working out exactly what items to purchase can be difficult. The costs though are much lower than the 5L kits. If one is going to use a kit I'd suggest the FujiHunt product.

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can buy the Fuji or Rollei kits from macodirect in Germany; it's a bit cheaper than ag-photo because they don't charge the VAT to people outside the EU. Shipping will cost nearly as much as the chemistry, but you're still paying only a dollar or two per roll in total. I did like Nuff and stuffed my order (Fuji E6 kit plus 3L of C41 concentrates) with film to bring it to a hair under 10kg.

If you know you're going to use a lot, buy the 1L bottles (makes 10L).

The Fuji kit is nice because they give you heaps more bleach+fix (5L does ~200 rolls) than the developer has capacity for (80 rolls). I used 2 Fuji kits and kept the bleach+fix for use with the bulk Rollei developer. Rollei is annoying though in that the "concentrates" are not very concentrated so you end up paying to ship a bunch of water, though they are slightly simpler to mix.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You guys in Australia have it rough on shipping for everything you want.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    At least we're not Brazil and paying about 100% in import duties on top of that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin