Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,007   Online: 884

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to APUG

Shooter
    35mm

New to APUG

Dear Group

I stumbled on the APUG site yesterday, while surfing for info on medium format cameras. I find it incredible that I missed APUG for so long!!

This post is primarily to say hello to my fellow Australasian and general group members and introduce myself.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I am a very new enthusiastic medium format photographer, following acquisition of an old Mamiya C3! I am currently overseas, taking photographs from my C3, when I realised that the shutter is 'sticky' at lower shutter speeds and there is a reasonable amount of dust in the viewfinder (also found that if the viewfinder was a bit more brighter that would have been ideal).

Currently I am planning to get my C3 cleaned when I get back to Melbourne. Would anyone in the group have advise regarding cleaning and refurbishing a Mamiya C3 in Melbourne? And is there a way to change/replace the focusing screen to a brighter focusing screen? Thank you for your knowledge and consideration.

I am waiting to read the posts and participate in the forum, with my very limited experience and soak up your collective wisdom.

Thank You

With warmest regards

Varna

Images
    Good Evening, Varna

Welcome from southwestern Illinois.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Shutter Box in Camberwell provides a very reliable service in my experience.

Welcome!

Shooter
    35mm

Welcome!
    Last edited by jacksond; 11-02-2013 at 02:05 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Post is duplicated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome from Melbourne, Australia. You will receive a huge amount of help and advice here.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksond View Post

Welcome!
    Welcome Varna!

I'll second Jacksond's recommendation. That's not to say that there aren't other good ones; it's just that they're on my side of town!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Varna. Another member recently told me they used to be a camera repair man and they refurbish stuff and sell it. I'll have him reply here or pm you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Varna. I've heard good things about Shutter Box, also, although I have no personal experience with them myself. I have no doubt you'll find a lot of useful information on the boards and plenty of people more than happy to offer help and advice.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And welcome from The Netherlands, Europe as well.
    Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl

BTW please post some images made with your C3.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Varna and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin