Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,087   Online: 867

Shooter
    Multi Format

Melbournians, go see the Steichen exhibition

The NGV (International) is holding an Art Deco clothing, slash, Edward Steichen exhibition showcasing his work with Conde Naste from the early 20's and into the late thirties. The clothing is a small component and there are a very large number of Steichen prints to see. Many of the prints look like contact prints, can't be sure, but some are stained as though poorly fixed. They look like 'work' prints, some times with pencil marks or notes on them. There's also a short silent film showing Steichen working.

I have to admit to now having a womens shoe fetish. Damn! One of the womens shoe images is possibly the best 'product' shot I've ever seen, combining composition, geometric shapes, shadows and reflections and still making the shoe the star of the show.

It's certainly worth a visit, especially for the reasonable $12 entry.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I will!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More things to do Wednesday while in town!
    Thanks for the tip!
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Amazing images and superb prints. When last week (during the week is great the weekend).

Books are ok but to see a true print that gives me a greater appreciation of the art. LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT

Good to chat with you guys yesterday at the Collingwood Gallery. Thanks Marc for your thoughts on field cameras and 4x5 enlargers.

If you catch wind of anything please contact me.

Cheers,

Brett

death to digital.......

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin