Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,963   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Noone seems to want to post liquid chemicals, there's only a powder C41 at Freestyle, all the rest are ORM-D. Is there anyone who'd post liquid chemicals, and is it worth it once the shipping's factored in?
    Look at the German suppliers like Fotoimpex & Maco; they seem to be able to post stuff the USA retailers can't. German post is really slow - I ordered Adonal from Germany on Dec 2nd and according to the tracking it is still in Germany, I'm assuming it's Customs or just a really slow post system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Which state are you in? There are a few of us in Adelaide that do occasional orders but if we have to post to Sydney then that will likely wipe out any postage-savings of buying together.
    Us Aussies should get more organised and set up state or city based buying groups. As you say, it doesn't make sense for someone from Brisbane to get in on an Adelaide based order as the post from Adelaide to Brisbane will add to that buyer's cost and be a pain for the organiser. If it's city based, e.g. Sydney, it could work well as long as everyone agrees with the rules and someone is prepared to do the organising. Ideally people would meet up to collect the supplies, negating the need for any further postage. Depending on what is required, there could be one order placed with B&H, one with Freestyle, one with a German supplier for chemicals and European films, every few months.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Macodirect definitely post colour chemistry, I've bought E6 and C41 from them. Ag Photo does too, but they charge VAT unnecessarily so that makes them quite expensive.

If you're in Adelaide, join the AFDUG group/mailing-list; we organise meetups and buying through that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've bought liquid chemistry from the US before. At least from Bostick & Sullivan, and possibly from the Alt Process Formalary people.

Jon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In the "group order" I'm involved in currently (Eastman Double-X cut to 4x5 sheets) the cost for a single box is $300 want to join in that one? Anyone raise your hands!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    on the website I found a box of 50 sheets for $100? Why the jump to $300? Or is it a different batch/order? I'll put my hand up for that one, though! send me an email!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    See my post about it, basically when kodak crunched the numbers, they guesstimated that the waste from cutting a substrate unlike any they had ever cut in sheet form would cost a lot.

http://www.apug.org/forums/1584448-post.html
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin