Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,509   Online: 1091

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Putting my hand up for group bulk orders of film

Hi there, I'm just posting to say hi and put my hand up for anyone who wants a conglomerate group buy of bulk film to save costs etc. If you already have a group that does this please throw my name in the hat and get in touch with me should you wish to do a bulk buy. I should be ok for another month or so. I generally spend around $200-$300 on film at any one time. Or if you need to buy sooner than I do get in touch anyway and I might buy some just to help you out. oo.agar@ g mail dot com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you might want to be a little more specific.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Which state are you in? There are a few of us in Adelaide that do occasional orders but if we have to post to Sydney then that will likely wipe out any postage-savings of buying together.

wildbill: you have wandered into the Australia subforum. It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Which state are you in? There are a few of us in Adelaide that do occasional orders but if we have to post to Sydney then that will likely wipe out any postage-savings of buying together.
    Now that the AUD has dropped relative to the USD, I might be putting my hand up for the next Adelaide bulk-buy depending on the timing.

wildbill: you have wandered into the Australia subforum. It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd put my hand up, but my freezer's a bit full and I've promised myself not to buy any more until I use up some (except Delta3200, I'm out of that and there's no substitutes).

What is the chance of getting chemicals from OS?
    L&P have a Tetenal E6 12-shot kit for $84, that works out to $7 a roll/sheet, and once I put a suitable Jobo reel and tank into the bargain it's barely worth it compared to the extra few bucks to get it done properly at atkins or B+Ws. But if I could get it for half that price, I'd be a bit more tempted.
    Noone seems to want to post liquid chemicals, there's only a powder C41 at Freestyle, all the rest are ORM-D. Is there anyone who'd post liquid chemicals, and is it worth it once the shipping's factored in?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post

haha. isn't it summer there though?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    haha. isn't it summer there though?
    Yeah, you're more likely to get done by a hoop snake in this heat...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Tasmania, but I travel around a bit. I will pay for any additional costs if it needs to be forwarded onto me, or I will get it shipped to me and forward it on to anyone else if it works out economical enough. I'd be primarily looking at: tmax 100, acros 100, portra 160, fp4 and velvia/provia all in 4x5 and 120. Or any special films if anyone is interested in them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only 'real shop' you're likely to find Velvia 50 in 4x5 is Japanexposures, and they're not exactly cheap for the rest of their stuff, so combining postage is a bit pointless (and they don't have much Kodak/Ilford stuff). I got my *new* (Jan 2015) RVP50 from this guy on fleabay, for "only" $7 a frame. But all the rest you can easily get at B+H / Freestyle etc and combine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah I'm happy sourcing my own velvia. I think the last stuff I got was from someone in Ormond, Vic for around that price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin