Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,370   Online: 980

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    They still have a small selection of developer and paper upstairs in the "Pro" section, but I don't usually bother going into Teds unless I am desperate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    Umm... Why is he a moron?
    ...because when all of our cars are electric, you'd like to hear that the salesman still knows what petrol is...

...thats why.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Another reason is he was proving to me how little he knew about photography, plus he was giving me his opinion of my choice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't worry, Mike. There are more than 67,000 of us here who are more than happy to validate your choice.
    Seriously, though, isn't a Tachihara purchased with the assumption that, at some point, it's going to be used to correct the pompous presumptions of twerps such as he?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Love it. Thanks Molli.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    last time i was in Teds at the City store there was film.. and that was only earlier last year.
    their Sydney city store had quite a selection, even 8x10.

i think the problem with staff these days is that they didnt grow up using film, or film related products, so therefore have no idea about it, and really, they dont need too..
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I went back to Teds today. To the head office in South Melbourne. They don't have any film based products, or enlarging paper. The upstairs at the city store has film and paper I was told. So I went there. What they had was two bottles of film developer, two of paper developer and two of fixer, and 5 packets of 8x10 x 25 multigrade RC in pearl. So I took half their stock of film and paper developer and fixer and one fifth of their supply of paper. Steve, who has been with Teds for years, was rather embarrassed. Apparently you have to order what you want by phone first and then pick it up from the store.
    All this cost me $108.00AUD. No wonder people don't buy from stores in OZ any more. I will only be buying from Freestyle or B&H from now on. Not good enough Teds.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AUS/NZ photography stores just want people on the digital tit sadly, most photography stores really are just consumer electronics stores these days anyways (as are the camera manufacturers).
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyno View Post
    I will only be buying from Freestyle or B&H from now on. Not good enough Teds.
    But are those inflated prices because of Teds, or because of the distributor (CR Kennedy)?
    Last edited by cluttered; 01-12-2014 at 03:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Formatting

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It's more likely the distributor, but that's not the reason I won't shop there again. It's the total lack of any range of papers or developers and fixers and films. They reckon that no one buys film or film related products any more in Oz, but that's because 1. they don't stock it, and 2. they want to make the most profit from every item, which puts things into the expensive category. American stores on the other hand are willing to make a smaller profit on the items they sell and sell more of them, therefore making more money in the long run. Much better business sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin