Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,512   Online: 1087

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films
    I'd just like to say that I currently work for Ted's and I am very enthusiastic and (I hope) knowledgeable when it comes to talking to people about film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darcyjohnperkins View Post
    I'd just like to say that I currently work for Ted's and I am very enthusiastic and (I hope) knowledgeable when it comes to talking to people about film.
    And so is Craig at the Chadstone Teds store.
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Rarely so happy to be wrong wrong wrong :-) Good work Darcy & (in absentia) Craig!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darcyjohnperkins View Post
    Perhaps you guys could initiate an in-house training day for the staff, bring them up to speed and teach them that there are still a lot of us 'weirdos' out there :P

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Perhaps you guys could initiate an in-house training day for the staff, bring them up to speed and teach them that there are still a lot of us 'weirdos' out there :P
    I second that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As a belated addition to this thread, Mike, I came across this advertisement recently and immediately thought of you. Firstly, even Kodak wants you to stop using those finicky large sheets of film.

Secondly, the ad. might not be arriving in the most timely manner. Check the date of publication!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Molli. I still haven't used what I bought from Teds yet. I went back to the TAFE that I worked at her in Geelong a week or so ago, and asked if I could use their darkroom on a pay for play basis. The guy in charge told me that it hasn't been used (at all) since the end of 2011, and I could use it for free, as long as I could teach anyone who wanted to learn about film photography that came along. He also sweetened the deal and said that I could have all their old stock of paper and chemicals to use for free. You can probably guess that I said yes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why do I get the sudden feeling that I live on the wrong side of the bay??

Mike, that is fantastic! That has to be the best "trade" around. A darkroom, chemicals, paper and a golden opportunity to start your own cult!
    (What's in it for the school?! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done Mike. Do they have an 8x10" enlarger by any chance?

Molli, very good find there, albeit 102 years late, but still a topical addition to the thread.

Mick.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Molli View Post
    As a belated addition to this thread, Mike, I came across this advertisement recently and immediately thought of you. Firstly, even Kodak wants you to stop using those finicky large sheets of film.

Secondly, the ad. might not be arriving in the most timely manner. Check the date of publication!
    My question is... Is that a roll of 122 film? They don't say which size is the 4x5 but as I remember 122 is at least close?

Second, they say "even printing in daylight" so what device allows you to print in daylight??!!! I want one!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin