Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 810

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you seen my built-in benchtop? I recommend talking to a company like Duraprod (these guys are local to me which means not so much for you) that will custom-cut you a nice 38mm laminated benchtop in the finish pattern of your choice, to the exact size you need. You plunk that down on top of cupboards (Bunnings flatpack in my case), bolt the whole lot to the wall and run a bead of silicon around the edge. Looks very professional even if I do say so myself.

I think I spent about $1000 on completely refitting the laundry/darkroom, which got me: 3 of 600x800x600* floorstanding cupboards, 2 of 800x800x300* wallmount cupboards and a 2450x650 benchtop. Washing machine is under the bench between a pair of the cupboards. It took a weekend to install it all (and the weekend before that to cut slots in the brick wall to run new plumbing and wiring), though I've been a lazy bastard and not done the tiling.

When I sell/rent the place, it will be an excellent laundry and I added way more to the house value than I spent on it.

* WxHxD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my sink made out of plastic sheet (not sure of type, it's white and about 5mm thick and just glued together but I don't ever fill it with water so no idea if it would actually hold water although it has a deep well section where the drain is and that holds water without leaking fine). It sits on std kitchen joinery cabinents. It's 12years old and looks pretty much the same as the day I installed it. I have 200mm sides but I'd get lower ones if I did it again as I like to rest my butt on a stool while agitating prints and that means I have to reach over the sink edge a little. When standing it works fine. No idea of cost but not having to paint with some fancy 2 pack finish would even it up a bit I'd think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin