Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,000   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Bronica Service - Australia

Greetings All,

Its about time I get a few of my lenses looked at for my SQA kit. I am not sure whether I can get the repairs done in Adelaide (Charles Bridgewood? I don't know what he is like when it comes to parts....), so I thought it would be best to ask if there are any recommendations Aussie wide.

I have had the following suggestions from elsewhere:

Vintech
    Camera Clinic

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hoffy, Charles has always been a good bet - even if the camera needs parts; have been using him for years - first met him when I was an assistant many (many!!) years ago when I had to drop off some 'Blad gear for one of the photographers I was working with at the time.

He can get swamped, but I've never had any problems - only camera he wasn't able to help with was my old Junior 620, as he couldn't get any parts for it. (Same result from another guy L&P recommended - couldn't get parts for the winder, so couldn't repair for me either.)

Can't vouch for any interstate, as haven't used. HTH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Charles has worked on my Hasselblad a couple of times and I recommend him.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for your replies.

I am in 2 minds about Charles - I know of people who get real good service from him (& I have had good service as well), but I also know of people who have had gear sit there for months and months, without any action....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had really fast service the first time and then slower service the second time, but he was ill at the time. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Charles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go talk to L&P. They have given up on Charles due to slackness* but they have contacts for a bunch of other repairers.

* if it doesn't need parts then you're apparently fine but if he needs to go get something, it goes in the too-hard pile and can sit there for 6mo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had a chat with Toby from Total today (they're not called L&P anymore). They have someone else who does repairs for them, so I will give them a go.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi

With regards to getting anyting Bronica fixed, due to the current prices of bronica equipment and the fact that parts are NONE AVALIABLE !!!

The best option is to go to KEH.com and just buy a replacement :-a new body can be had for under $200 including Shipping.

KEH ship's very fast and you can be up and running in a week or two, and everything that KEH sells is always a grade higher than you expect !!! I included a few ETRS lenses in my last order of the BGN grade and they are great.

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the reply. That is my backup plan!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin