Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,166   Online: 798

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How can a defect board cause a capacitator to burst or leak?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Now that I've heard the whole story on what happened, I'd say the big electrolytic was the first offender. It was shorty. And left on, it overheated and started going into a dead-short, causing the leaking and frying. In turn, it took the rest of the electronics with it. I wouldn't trust a single part in that flash. I say it's finished (imo).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    In turn, it took the rest of the electronics with it. I wouldn't trust a single part in that flash. I say it's finished (imo).
    Perhaps one or two parts - certainly not every component. That's not possible.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Perhaps one or two parts - certainly not every component. That's not possible.

Steve.
    Bad electrolytics are terrible punishers of components. Whether it's in a 1947 Crosley radio or a flash. There's a transformer, semiconductors, and flashtubes. They are a very long life flashbulb--that's all. And when they are dead, they're dead. Resurrection invites undependability. Anybody who thinks otherwise will not be invited to be a wedding photographer of mine. And I wouldn't want them for an airplane mechanic either. Get another flash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin