Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,546   Posts: 1,544,521   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Quick question - Expected FIMS delivery times from Freestyle

Greetings all,

I want to order a few bits and bobs from Freestyle and was going to choose their FIMS postage option.....until I noticed that they suggest it might take up to 45 days delivery.....

I'm curious to here from other Australians - how long does it normally take for a FIMS shipped delivery to occur?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a couple of Freestyle orders sent via FIMS, they took between 4 to 6 weeks. One of them came via Europe. Shipping is cheap but only a good idea if you're in no hurry for the items.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got one in 3 weeks and another in around 4. At that price if you can wait it's ok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    4 - 6 has been my experience too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok! Looks like ebay it is for my first pack of 4x5 film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Usually two to four weeks. I had a freestyle package arrive this morning for an order that I placed on the 12th of August (15 days in transit), and I once had a FIMS package take 5 weeks.

If you just want some film in a hurry, you can have one of the Arista EDU 200 packs from my most recent order at-cost. Should be cheaper than any eBay options and I reckon you could get it in a day or three.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Ok! Looks like ebay it is for my first pack of 4x5 film!
    Check out cheapshots, cheapest for most films around here.

The surprise is in 8x10, Total Photo at Kent Town gave me a box of 25xFP4 for $110, that's cheaper than B+H even before the conversion and shipping. I think their 4x5s cost the same as cheapshots, which are both more than B+H but still better unless you've got a huge order.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks guys.

I have used Cheapshots before. He has 50 sheets 4x5 Foma 200 for $49.50 + $5 P/H (if you pay by bank deposit), which comes in cheaper then Arista 200 @ Freestyle (if you factor in shipping and that being the only item you are buying).

He now only has 1 box left, though!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin