Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,558   Posts: 1,545,232   Online: 900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just heard back from Mainline that their guy no longer services Leica M gear. They suggested a place in Perth that has a Leica trained tech, CES I think. I'm not too keen on posting my camera to WA, was hoping to drop it somewhere in Sydney & deal direct with the tech if possible. I wonder who Foto Riesel use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a couple of Copal shutters that need a CLA. The options in Brisbane are limited, but I am considering sending them to Mainline in Sydney. Any recent experiences with these guys?
    Thanks v much
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a 4x5 lens serviced there & an old rangefinder adjusted. The Mainline serviceman is a semi-retired German guy who has a very good reputation. The work was done well & the prices were reasonable. I think the lens took a couple of weeks and the rangefinder was about 4 weeks because a lot of jobs had come in right before mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I had a 4x5 lens serviced there & an old rangefinder adjusted. The Mainline serviceman is a semi-retired German guy who has a very good reputation. The work was done well & the prices were reasonable. I think the lens took a couple of weeks and the rangefinder was about 4 weeks because a lot of jobs had come in right before mine.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Apparently he is on leave for a few weeks, but I am tempted to give him a go in the New Year.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin