Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,369   Online: 1160

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Camera Servicing in Sydney

I have a couple of lenses that need cleaning and I was wondering where the best place to have it done would be and the price I could expect to pay (58mm/1.4 and 135mm/2.8 lens).

Around the lower North Shore/CBD would be a good area.

Cheers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    give Legend Photo a ring, they are in the Dymocks building in the CBD. I found them great for camera body work pn92321225
    Regards
    Warren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Legend is Shop 16A Level 5, 428 George St to be precise.
    Or you could try Camera Service Centre in Castlereagh St
    http://www.cameraservicecentre.power...u/Default2.htm
    I had an old LF press shutter serviced by Legend recently for $90. That's the closest I can give for a price estimate.

p.s. Camera Service Centre has an online estimate form you could send in to get an idea of price

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reviving this thread in hope of some up to date info.

A few people have told me that Legend camera service is no longer open to the public. Apparently he got too busy & now only deals with the trade.

I was looking at the Mainline (Crows Nest) website & they have a service guy who is Leica factory trained. Has anyone had gear serviced there recently & have any comments on quality & cost? I'm thinking of an M6 CLA & 4x5 shutter service.

Also interested to hear if anyone has dealt with 5 Star in Market St in recent times. He went to work for Fuji as an in-house tech but I've been told he is working for himself again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I was one of Jackie's last customers at Legend. I have his mobile phone number somewhere. He said he might still take calls and do some jobs if he has the capacity. Luckily nothing has broken lately because I would not know what to do next! For Leica have you checked the back of Photo Trader magazine? There are usually one or two ads for Leica service there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    For Leica have you checked the back of Photo Trader magazine? There are usually one or two ads for Leica service there.
    I've seen a regular ad from Adeal but I've heard they are slow & expensive. And in Victoria.
    I'm hoping for some personal recommendations. Mainline would be convenient for me.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Foto Riesel Camera House (364A Kent Street Sydney; 9299 6745) sells Leica and the staff are knowledgeable. I have had several lenses cleaned through them at very reasonable prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm pretty sure they use Legend.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used Camera Service Centre in castlereagh st a few times and have been really happy with service & pricing. Would thoroughly recomend them.

Cheers,
    Brett

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used the bloke at Mainlinephoto to overhaul two M-mount lenses and he's done a brilliant job, and cheap. He won't charge you unless he can really fix the problem.
    The folks at Camera Service Centre in Castlereagh St will repair just about anything but they excell at slr stuff, the job they did on an ugly Nikkor 50-300/4 I took to them is nothing short of spectacular: that lens works better now than when new!

I think either would be quite capable of fixing the problems, just a matter of picking which is handier to you.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin