Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,787   Online: 870

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad Service in ACT/NSW

Hello.

Does anyone know of a competent Hasselblad technician in Canberra?

Failing that, I see an advert on the back of the Photographic Trader for a gentleman called Paul Jose in Sydney. Has anyone used him and can they endorse him?

thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Stewart, if all else fails, I can recommend someone here in Western Australia for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about CR Kennedy in Sydney.
    I believe they are the Hasselblad distibutor for Australia. They certainly used to have in-house technicians who I imagine would be factory trained.

About 10 years ago I met a guy at a B&W workshop in Sydney. He had 2 Hasselblads & told me that he had bought them really cheap. Seemed that he worked for CR Kennedy in some office job, but that entitled him to some staff perks. One of which was the opportunity to buy cameras that were never collected by the people who put them in for servicing. I've been told this happens at a lot of service centres. They will go to a certain amount of time & trouble to get the people to collect & pay for the repairs but sometimes there is no response. So the service centre is allowed to sell the gear. This guy bought his cameras & the price he paid was the amount owing by the customer. One of them he got for $100. Anyway, that's how I know they used to do it.

erl
    Shooter
    35mm
    Stewart,

It depends on which Hasselblad body you are in trouble with. The regular 'C' bodies can be done by a number of techy's but you will need to flush them out by asking local dealers. If you are talking about any of the focal plane shutter bodies, it MUST go initially to CR Kennedy. They will send it first to New Zealand (that is where their service dept. is now!). Failing that, it is returned to Sweden.

I used to have a good contact at Kennedy's service dept but he is retired now. I would certainly talk to them as a starter. Whatever, you probably going to have to send it somewhere interstae, or O.S. Expect a minimum turnaround of 1 week, pending the nature of the problem.

My 203FE ended up dead after 12 years service and they could not fix it, even at the factory. They gave me a new one..... NOCHARGE. True.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all. For what it is worth I have now tried two. CR Kennedy in Melbourne, and Paul Jose in Sydney. Both did good jobs of the respective repair jobs, but Australia Post had a great deal of trouble finding Mr Jose's shop and returned the parcel to me the first time of trying.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Skelt View Post
    Thanks all. For what it is worth I have now tried two. CR Kennedy in Melbourne, and Paul Jose in Sydney. Both did good jobs of the respective repair jobs, but Australia Post had a great deal of trouble finding Mr Jose's shop and returned the parcel to me the first time of trying.

Hi Stewart, sorry for reviving such an old thread. Is it hard to contact Paul Jose in Sydney? I was given his number by another camera store but was unable to reach him.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Paul Jose is the person you need to speak to. I was referred his details by Peter Giannakis @ FotoRiesel - i bought my 503cxi off him.

PM me and i'll give you Paul's details. He is based in Randwick.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Another vote for Paul Jose. He's brilliant IMO. His address is tricky (goes by his wife's business). Don't have it off-hand, but Andrew above obviously does ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have to put in my 2 cents worth and suggest Camera Clinic in Collingwood. I used to work there, and Ralph does a brilliant job on them. He serviced a 500CM for me 6 months ago - did as good a job as ever on it...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin