Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,679   Online: 1212

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

wanted to do b/w processing/printing

i'm looking for someone in Melbourne to do some exhibition quality b/w printing for me. prints around 16x12 up to 20x16, 35mm and mf up to 30 prints for the current gig i'm working on. I've been working my way through the prolabs who are on the whole too expensive or just provide a rotten service... so if you know of any one who still runs a darkroom or works from home let me know or if you are interested yourself let me know what you can do and how much you would charge. pm me or email me offlist if you require confidentiality at w-naughton-@vtown.com.au (remove the spacings)

if you live in the western suburbs all the better..... <G> many thanks,

wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wayne, have you tried the lab(s) in Horsham?

Brian, cannot remember his last name, used to have one of the biggest lab set-ups in the country in Horsham. I think he owns (literally) half of the shops in the main drag of Horsham. They do (did) a real lot of work from Melbourne and Adelaide. I think he has owned Bond Colour at least once, possibly twice AFAIK.

I may know someone who could possibly do what you are after, what is the time frame, do you have a particular paper in mind?

mick-fms@veg-as.com.au (remove the spacings)

Mick.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    no, i don't know anything about them, bit far away for me, tho..... open to suggestion about paper and process, just not too keen on crystal archive (not for b/w anyway) otherwise i'd go to Image Frieze at Yarraville, he does a terrific job (i'd recommend him to anyone) but he wont experiment with papers.

erl
    Shooter
    35mm
    Wayne,

I just PM'd you with my contact details. I live and work from Sandringham and have a fully equipped B/W and colour darkroom.

Cheers,
    Erl

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    many, many thanks, Erl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Erl, welcome to APUG.

As a colour and B&W printer living around the corner in Hampton, I find that interesting.

Are you doing this for a living?

I ask as I get people asking me to do their colour enlargements from time to time, but I no longer do work for other people on a commercial basis. I could refer them to you if they are in the area.

Mick.

erl
    Shooter
    35mm
    Mick,

It's a small world alright! I have arranged to meet with Wayne next week to discuss his requirements. I would be happy to meet you and 'eyeball' each other, say over coffee in Hampton St, or anywhere. I am cautious about processing for other people as their mistake can get blamed on oneself, as I am sure you know. But I may consider selected requests to print. Not interested in doing postcards etc. Let Paul & Julie @ HFF handle that stuff.

I will PM you some time tomorrow in the pm with phone numbers. Rather busy right now preparing for a big day tomorrow.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin