Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,541   Online: 880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Ilford paper availability

Today I went into the only store in Geelong that has Ilford film and paper to get a 100 sheet box of Multigrade satin 8x10. I was told by the salesman that they had placed an order with CR Kennedy over three weeks ago for film and paper and had been told by their contact at Kennedy's that because of last year's ordering pattern they were not going to get new stock during the slow periods of the year.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I find this attitude totally counter-productive and very wrong from a customer relations point of view. It also seems to be doing Ilford a disservice when Ilford has been so devoted and responsive to the many people who use their products.
    I know that Kennedy's have been rather high handed with things like this in the past, but they have forgotten that the customer is who pays their bills.
    Has anyone else had this sort of experience lately with trying to get film and paper products from their normal supplier.
    Simon, if you are reading this, it might be a good idea to have word with CR Kennedy and try to change their attitude. How can you stay in business if they won't order your products for the people who want buy and use them.
    Mike

erl
    Shooter
    35mm
    Wyno,

An unfortunate fact of life is that this scenario is going to get worse, not better. It is my belief that ultimately, you (and me) will be ordering online from places like B&H and other large O.S. suppliers. They are generally cheaper and can usually supply faster than local suppliers these days. Sad, but true. I try to support local dealer as I prefer dealing with a person, not a computer, but when I save nearly half the cost of film stock and it arrives at my door 5 days later from N.Y. it is hard to beat. I also think you (and me) will have to consider other brand suppliers as well, just to ensure reasonably consistent supply, from wherever.

Tomorrw, I will probably be in Vanbar's in Cartlon. It will be interesting to observe their stocks.

Shooter
    Multi Format

ilford paper

guys; don't forget Photo-Resource in Rae St. Nth Fitzroy, they always seem to have good stocks, they still supply some schools etc. Also, a friend of mine regularly used them to ship supplies to QLD so I'm sure they're still helpful in this regard. If you're buying stuff from USA don't forget that if you go over the $500 limit, you'll get stung with import duties. (I did once!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The import limit, has been raised to $1,000.

We have a really good system in this country, compared to many.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

This is most confusing : C R Kennedy have been a truly outstanding distributor for us, sales are excellent and they have not changed their
    order pattern at all.

I will speak to them today :

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mick,

The customs limit on import tax into the UK is a miniscule 18 GBP for most items, ugh...

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Mick,

The customs limit on import tax into the UK is a miniscule 18 GBP for most items, ugh...

Tom.
    That's not even a proper limit - it's more of a "gentleman's agreement" that it costs them more to collect the tax than it's worth on items under that amount, so they don't bother. This is of course abused horribly by the likes of 7dayshop who split every delivery up into a hundred small packets each of which is less than 18 quid...

Looking on the bright side though, we can of course buy from anywhere within the EU with no duty at all
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford

Is that a recent change Mick? And is that 'gospel'? That's good news if it is.
    Especially as some of us will be using this method for supplies more and more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uh! you should be here in Oman..... any supplies that I need go on a list for my next holiday. Then I hope they do not get taken off me at the airport because some one does not know what they are for.
    David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I believe it was recent, as in sometime around January this year. We have a Customs officer at our camera club and she informed us of that decision very early this year.

I'll try and remember to ask her some details for a link when I see her on Tuesday.

Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin