Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,115   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Medium Format

Where to buy Alternative Process chemicals in melbourne

Hi all
    where are you buying your Alternative Process chemicals in melbourne ?
    thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Bruce, I've been wondering the same thing. Now that I've got the 8x10 Iwant to try pyro and pt/pd printing and there is nowhere in Geelong to buy the chemicals.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Vanbar in Carlton and in North Melbourne used to stock a few alternative process kits etc, and maybe they still do, so you could try them. Otherwise, Photo Resource in Collingwood can probably get them for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought some standard chemicals for D76 and like processing, on Saturday from Vanbar.

Their website has an extremely extensive list of chemicals, but some are missing for the more esoteric processes.

However talking about this on Saturday I was informed that there is a listing for the website and there is a complete listing on their system.

North Melbourne is where the chemicals and possibly their chemist actually are located. I would suggest you telephone after looking at their web site list.

The prices are quite reasonable, especially if you pick up, instead of getting delivered via Australia Post or whatever.

I telephoned and ordered at their Carlton office two Fridays ago, they telephoned me on Thursday to say the order was filled and ready at the Carlton store for me to pick up, which I duly did two days later.

They don't keep chemicals in the different sizes, they are all bulk and they weigh out peoples requirements to order only.

Quite good service I believe.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From Sydney I have found a couple of minor hitches with Vanbar.

The raw chemistry guy (Mario?) is part time so you may have to wait a couple of days -- of course if you fancy alternative techniques you are patient by definition!

Some volatile fluids cannot be shipped to -- in my case -- Sydney, even interbranch to the Sydney showroom, acids being notable here. It does sometimes help to explain that citric acid and similar are pretty benign, but it's hard to talk them into shipping glacial acetic acid, and probably rightly so.

Otherwise Vanbar service is great, as always.

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok so vanbar it is then, but geez two weeks to fill an order ?
    will try them out

thanks all

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin