Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,725   Posts: 1,515,031   Online: 1174

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FREE to good aussie Apug home

It seems my friends/family know me far too well, and for my birthday yesterday I've somehow ended up with TWO copies of the DVD "War Photographer" - the documentary about James Nachtwey...

So stretching the spirit of christmas a bit - the first local Apug-er to send me a PM with a postal address gets it!

Ready, set... go! :-)

Cheerio, Marc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    PM'd ...

not sure if I pass the grade though ... I was in Melbourne two months ago though - brilliant city, thinking about ending up there sooner or later
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the generous offer, but I'm not really into war photography, so I'll leave it for somebody who is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ooh please Marc, send it to me

Ray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nick gets it - from sheer speediness of PM-ing...

Yes - the doco does look a little gruelling/not a vocation I'd choose - I'm told it's very good though...

Marc

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Marc!

I've been interested in war photography for a while, something of a rubber-necker in me I must admit but theres something else in it also - perhaps one can only find this by doing it...

Planning to head to Ethiopia later this year, the whole recent Kenya thing has got me a little 'interested' (scared) to say the least...

thanks again for the generous offer

~Nick

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ray,

I figure, in the same spirit of xmas vein as Marc hows this for an idea ... I've received it (thanks Marc!), watched it (grueling but interesting viewing, worthwhile you might say) and like most DVD's I own it'll end up on the shelf for the rest of eternity - so, how bout I send it to you now ?

... and then you offer it up on APUG for the next person.. and so on and so on ... kinda like the 'lets all shoot one camera' threads, but a 'lets all watch this DVD' thread ?

yes/no ?

One reason I can think why it wouldn't be a good idea is that the makers aren't getting a 'fair' share of sales (whatever that may well be) - I'm still willing to pass it on - PM me your address if you're keen though

~Nick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is an awesome docco! I recommend it not just for photographers but for anyone. A real eye opener that DVD. hehehehe ain't I just an ace film reviewer hehehe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    Ray,

I figure, in the same spirit of xmas vein as Marc hows this for an idea ... I've received it (thanks Marc!), watched it (grueling but interesting viewing, worthwhile you might say) and like most DVD's I own it'll end up on the shelf for the rest of eternity - so, how bout I send it to you now ?

... and then you offer it up on APUG for the next person.. and so on and so on ... kinda like the 'lets all shoot one camera' threads, but a 'lets all watch this DVD' thread ?

yes/no ?

One reason I can think why it wouldn't be a good idea is that the makers aren't getting a 'fair' share of sales (whatever that may well be) - I'm still willing to pass it on - PM me your address if you're keen though

~Nick
    great idea Nick

thnx
    Ray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And everyone's happy - I concur, a great idea Nick!!

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin