Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,025   Online: 946

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brisbane newbie

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Glenn - thanks for your message. I'm in the Clayfield area of Brisbane, so please let me know if you find a darkroom! My Leica M2 is away for repair at the moment, so I'm just waiting on the loan of a Rolleiflex from my father. Can't wait to try a new format! What are you shooting with at the moment? Anyway, nice to hear from you and keep in touch.

Regards,

Sean

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Sean
    I am aware that there was quite an active group that used to meet at the Inala Community Art Gallery called the "In Focus Community Camera Club". I am not sure of the group's current status, but I believe that there was a fully functioning darkroom at the gallery that they used to access. The details of the club is listed at http://www.psq.org.au/pages/psq_clubs.htm and you might want to drop them a line to see if they are active or if you can get in the darkroom. I know that Inala is on the wrong side of town for you, but there might not be too many other options.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good day,

i am also a newbie to australia from Canada, studying law on the gold coast for a couple of years...

i am looking for some medium format film, but am unable to find any at the local camera stores. Any recommendations as to where to get film, preferably in brisbane, although it seems like all photography roads lead to sydney.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Coyner. Welcome to sunny Queensland. The best place to go by far for you would be Photocontinental at Mt Gravatt on the southside of town, just off the motorway that goes to the coast. I get most of my stuff there or at Ted's Camera House on Adelaide St in the City. Photocontinental also offer internet shopping at their wegsite.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers bpaties,

Sunny QLD indeed, tho, most australians deem this to have been the 'wettest' summer in memory!, As a cold-weather-beaten-canuck,i will take this heat any day.
    i shall give Photocontinental a try this week.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Coyner - welcome to Australia. I also recommend Photocontinental, they have a good selection of 120 film (I bought some there a couple of weeks ago).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks very much for the info, bpaties! I'll check it out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers for the warm welcome Sean. There is definitely a large Aussie contingency on this forum,. Nice to see!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin