Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,492   Online: 964

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sydney Camera Market Sunday 17th

It's on again this Sunday.
    Ultimo Community Centre
    William Henry St Ultimo cnr Bulwarra St

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wish I lived in Sydney, at least this weekend. Please let us know if you snag anything unusual, cheap, interesting, ordinary even.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Argh! Arriving in Sydney only on Monday!
    ---------------------------------
    visit me: http://nangka.org/events
    ---------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Melbourne one was on last weekend, I went but I would have to say it was the worst attended of all of them I have been to.

Even the tables were down. The problem is that it is usually held in March, they couldn't get it then so they had it in February, trouble was that on the same day the St Kilda festival was on and about 380,000 people were there including 5 photographers I personally know.

One fella was down from Sydney flogging off quite a bit of LF stuff, mainly odds and sods plus a reasonable amount of DDS including a lot of 8x10" ones, but they were in poor condition with a highish price and probably require a bit of fiddling.

The price of F3 cameras is still falling and really nice ones are now going for about $300 whilst two FE2 units I saw were going for around $500/600.

I nearly bought a Kodak autograph folder that uses 120 film for $20, but it went to a young lass who wanted a cheap camera that used 120 film, that wasn't a Box Brownie.

I'm looking forward to the October Melbourne market, it is the bigger of the two normally.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mick - I think I might know the LF guy if he is from Sydney. I bought a sink from him recently and he often has dark slides and LF lens at the market. Yes a bit pricey though, I agree. He said he would have an extra table going this Sunday trying to shed a bit of stuff, so you never know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I couldn't make it this Sunday. I had a new Hasselblad to test out...but what did i miss?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanasis View Post
    I couldn't make it this Sunday. I had a new Hasselblad to test out...but what did i miss?
    Testing the 'blad was a much more productive use of time! Like Mick's report on Melbourne, tables were down as was the crowd. I spent all of $7. $2 entry, $1 cup of tea and $4 on parking meter - the tax man wins again!

Toyed with some vintage Linhof 4X5 holders (rough) and some good condition 4x5 film holders for tank development (I have the tanks) but kept my hand out of my pocket in the end.

I initially saw the ad in the Photographic Trader magazine which seems to be a shadow of its former self. More and more ads, less and less gear for sale. Maybe like Melbourne the first meeting of the year is a bit lethargic? But, caught up with a few film tragic mates so wasn't a dead loss.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Testing the 'blad was a much more productive use of time! Like Mick's report on Melbourne, tables were down as was the crowd. I spent all of $7. $2 entry, $1 cup of tea and $4 on parking meter - the tax man wins again!

Toyed with some vintage Linhof 4X5 holders (rough) and some good condition 4x5 film holders for tank development (I have the tanks) but kept my hand out of my pocket in the end.

I initially saw the ad in the Photographic Trader magazine which seems to be a shadow of its former self. More and more ads, less and less gear for sale. Maybe like Melbourne the first meeting of the year is a bit lethargic? But, caught up with a few film tragic mates so wasn't a dead loss.
    Well I'm glad I didn't go then. I got the processed E6 roll back from the lab yesterday and i'm glad to say that the 'blad passed. No light leaks, shutter speeds all accurate to my eye, focusing working fine too and no frame spacing problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even though the Melbourne market sounded poor I am still annoyed that I missed it!!! The earlier date threw me, it was only a few days ago that I was looking forward to the usual March market. I always am on the lookout for some old graded fibre paper, I usually manage some each year. If any APUG people ever hear of any please let me know... unless of course you want it for yourself!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin