Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,556   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

studio closing sale

There may be some APUG people in Melbourne interested in this: Just around the corner from my house, there is a photo studio/darkroom at 633 High Street, Thornbury which has closed down and is selling lots of stuff. The prices seem very reasonable. I bought some DDSlides... I missed out on rolls of BW paper by 2 days (crying now!) they were GIVEN away!! Anyway, there are a few enlargers there, a Durst 138 Color looks in very good condition about $500 I think, also a 10x10 HUGE enlarger... a DeVere plus other assorted Dursts. I only went for a look today (Friday) and I think tomorrow is the last day he has the stuff there. Maybe I should've got the guys mobile number... If any APUG'ers come to check it out >>> drop in for a cuppa as I'm very close, PM me & I'll provide my phone + address.
    Last edited by blokeman; 03-13-2008 at 10:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: bad grammar is misleading

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What time are they open tomorrow?

I'll be there!

Hmmmm 10x10 DeVere, she would kill me!

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 03-14-2008 at 06:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    aieee!!

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    wish i lived in melbourne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's not the Tony Locke 10x10 that's currently on ebay is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format

studio closing sale

No Glenn I don't think so. The 10x10 is a huge thing on wheels that's all I know. Mick Fagan came over to see what was on offer, great to meet another APUG member. He is a veritable font of information! Mick, just continuing from our conversation... where did you say I could find those replacement felt light traps for the back of my Linhof? I'm sure you said they were available in Melbourne. ... David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, not available form Melbourne but available from Australia.

I got my Nikon light seal replacement via the post from Art Cameras Australia.

Po Box 812 Mullumbimby 2482

Peter Gibney is the name on the bottom of the instruction sheet. I paid $14.50 Inc. GST in March 2004 and it is enough to do two Nikon bodies.

Email liteleak @ byrononline net

Obviously retired to Byron Bay it would seem.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks Mick, fast response! I'll try emailing them now. If they've retired to Byron Bay then I won't anticipate any bargains...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be in Melbourne btw 5-7th April if anything is left! 10x10 huh... there is a train to Perth, hmmm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, dropped in on a very warm Saturday morning, lots of interesting stuff, although a lot of it really isn't to great for individual amateur darkrooms. Most of the stuff is really commercial lab stuff, old but nevertheless good stuff.

The 10x10 is a horizontal DeVere fitted with an Apo 360 Rodenstock. It had the standard film holder which is between glass plates, bit of a problem with dust and hair like stuff, but eminently workable. It ran (I think) a vacuumed vertical copy board for holding the paper. The enlarger is on what looks like a home made type of MDF box on convex wheels, which would need a set of rails, for alignment. You could get it going and really it could be terrific. The best part about horizontal enlargers, is that you don't need a high ceiling to make reasonably large prints, or humungous blow-ups of parts of a negative. A reasonably good offer with some talking would get someone a quite good set-up, once they had done the hard yards on alignment and fiddling to get bits and pieces working correctly. I didn't look at the light source and I forgot to ask, but it could be the 8 lamp version or the 4 lamp version, I suspect from the size it could be a 4 lamp version (2 or 4 lamps down each side of the neg for illumination giving either 1,00 or 2,000 watts).

There were som wonderful Beseler Pm4 colour analysers (2) with one at least having 3 memory or channel modules. A Cosar Mornick analyser, really a density probe I think, wonderfully accurate, but with the dearth of colour printing both of these are better served with analysers like the Jobo Colorstar series.

More Patterson film reels than you can poke a stick at, probably about 50-90 reels in the box. Various Patterson tanks.

Enlarger lenses, at least one Apo 150 lens, although David may have bought it by now.

Saw a Kaiser Yellow/Green B&W safelight, David bought that.

I picked up 4, 4x5 DDS of various vintage and makes.

There was at least one 120 film contact frame, good nick. What looked like the old Durst metal 8x10 easel with the four metal windows that allow you to make four 4x5 pictures on a sheet or one 5x8 and two 4x5 on a single sheet. Usable not great, but usable.

The vertical 10x8 Durst enlarger would be a bit of a nightmare for a home darkroom, however with some fiddling, it should work, it's got a colour head. I wouldn't be interested in it unless you are a good fiddler.

After talking and looking at all of the stuff, David and I walked around to his place, neat darkroom and the best 30x34" paper washer this side of the equator I have seen.

Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin