Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,484   Posts: 1,644,550   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
    That's interesting,

What exactly have you been waiting for for 5 months?

PS. Does Ted's have any of the things I just mentioned on the shelf? Will they order it?
    Been waiting on sensor cleaning kit for my DSLR... i'm not too worried about that as it means i just shoot film.... and a bottle of photo-flo.

Not sure if they wpould have any of that stuff... they have a range of chems on the shelf so you might be lucky...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
    ...Ortho film, Rollei IR, Chromium intensifier, gold toner; seriously all of the hard to find stuff is there on the shelf...
    PS. Does Ted's have any of the things I just mentioned on the shelf? Will they order it?
    Hmmm... I don't think Ted's will have any of that - their chemistry section is very basic and I didn't see either of those films in there when I was there last week.

You have an outside chance with the chemicals being on the shelf at Foto Riesel but I'd call before I went in.

When I've asked about ordering things at Ted's they've said that they would, but the Rollei film at least would probably come through Vanbar (I'm pretty sure they're the distributer in Australia).

For the film I'd recommend an order from Freestyle in the US. I had my order one week after placing it. Might run into some shipping problems with the chemicals though.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    I was in Ted's (Pitt St) on Thursday and there was plenty of Plus-X on the shelf but no Tri-X!! Also no negative sleeves. Don't tell me I'm going to have to start importing them as well.
    That's bizarre - I was in there about a fortnight ago and they definitely had neg sleeves on the shelf.

As for the film, I've noticed that they have a better range of ilford in B&W and Fuji in colour than they do for Kodak in either - not sure why though...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As to Teds the last time I was in there one of the senior sales reps had told me that film sales were starting to pick up again. So perhaps the shock has passed and film demand has started to stablise, abit a lot less than what it was 8 years ago. One shop I do miss was Fletcher's Industrial. Ned and Suresh sure had an excellent knowledge of their product and provided excellent service. One of the old Fletcher's Industrial guys now works at Riesel and I try to search him out as one of the best sales reps at Riesel.
    Last edited by gregrudd; 04-26-2008 at 05:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apologies to all but on second thoughts I believe what I saw in plentiful supply was Pan-F and not Plus-X. David is right. Plenty of Ilford and Fuji film at Teds but only a small amount of Kodak TMax. I don't normally buy much 35mm other than Tri-X and HP5 so that's my excuse for lack of precision in my first post!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I emailed Kodak about 2 months ago asking if Plus-X was going to be discontinued or not. Despite the claim on their site that they try to answer emails in 24 hours, I've yet to hear from them ... :rolleyes:
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Apologies to all but on second thoughts I believe what I saw in plentiful supply was Pan-F and not Plus-X. David is right. Plenty of Ilford and Fuji film at Teds but only a small amount of Kodak TMax. I don't normally buy much 35mm other than Tri-X and HP5 so that's my excuse for lack of precision in my first post!
    Pan-F still is a good film. Thanks for the heads up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went to Vanbar Sydney today & they still stock an impressive range of stuff. They had the new version of Tmax in 4x5 & 35mm. A good supply of some Polaroid films such as 669 & 600. Obscure chems like Maco super lith & Paterson Aculux 2. Looked like they had most Ilford paper sizes. Also they had a huge range of films. Definitely plenty of Plus-X.

I'll retract my earlier comment & say that Vanbar is the first place to visit in Sydney for traditional photo items.

Does anyone remember the previous Vanbar shop in Glebe? That used to be heaven to visit in the '90s. It was photo paper from floor to ceiling, wall to wall back then.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I will be putting an order in soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last week I had a look at the Kodak Australia item availability list & Plus-X is shown as no longer available in Australia. Indent only, & that was for all sizes. This was dated July 2007. So perhaps that is the reason for local shops saying it has been discontinued. They would know they can't get it from Kodak Oz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin